1.    #1  
    I just came across this website link for ringtones for the Treo 300. If anyone is interested in adding ringtones.

It is probably not as extensive as the Ring Central available on TreoCentral but it is something.

I haven't tried it yet, I get my Treo on Mon. (from Amazon)

But here is the link to the site. Check it out, and let me know whether it is worth the $9.95 shareware fee.

http://www.handgear.com/software/sho...m?prodID=44818
    you can buy this set of ringtones directly from palmgsm.net, who makes it. http://www.palmgsm.net/treo300.html. the listing at the link you gave does not show all the latest ringtones that have been added to the collection, so depending on where it downloads from, you might not be getting the latest version.

it's worth it however you also need the latest version of ringo (you can use the trial edition to check it out). many of the included ringtones are too long to use for your phone ringer but are still way cool to listen to. and some of them work.

right now my phone rings with the get smart theme for known callers, and the tiny toons theme for unknown ones. they recently added state anthems, which i did not even know existed, let alone why i would want them as ringtones, but you get free updates from palmgsm, so whatever they add (has been about once a week or so) you get for free. they send you an email letting you know when new ones are available.

i have emailed them saying what we really need are song 'snippets', not whole songs. apparently they are just converting some polyphonic midi tones in their entirety.

all in all, i thought they were definitely worth the $10.
    Aarons12 -

have they updated the rigones lately?
    <b>The difficult is easy, the impossible takes time.</b>
    last week they added the state anthems (what gave them that idea, heaven only knows) i would think if their pattern follows, that they might update again maybe next week.
    Yes, but the update will probably be Bulgarian folk ballads.
    they just sent me an email (and other registered user, i would guess) containing revised versions of the beatles and anthems and asking us to test them to see if they work better. so they are working on stuff as we speak.
    I purchased and downloaded Ringo and the ringtones that come with it from Pink Floyd, the Beatles etc. but I must be doing something terribly wrong and would appreciate some guidance.

So far, all the ringtones I have tried fall into one of two categories: either

1) I get a warning that the selected ringtone is too large and will make my Treo 300 unstable; or

2) I get no warning but when I try the ringtone it crashes and resets my Treo.

What are I doing wrong?

NateS
    you are probably not doing anything wrong. most of the tones are too long. i have written to palmgsm.net support several times pointing that out, and when they sent out a couple of 'beta' tones yesterday for folks to try, i believe they have started to deal with that.

although these might not be tones you want to use, try alfred hitchcock, tiny toons, and get smart. these are the ones i use and they all work for my treo. they take a few seconds to preview and when you set them as ringtones, but they do work.

the next thing you might notice is that they seem low volume. this seems random, and typically goes away after a soft reset.

what we need is an editing program that can shorten the tones, or for palmgsm.net to wake up to the fact that we don't need whole songs anyway. what we need are appropriate song snippets.
    Originally posted by aarons12
    you are probably not doing anything wrong. most of the tones are too long. i have written to palmgsm.net support several times pointing that out, and when they sent out a couple of 'beta' tones yesterday for folks to try, i believe they have started to deal with that.

although these might not be tones you want to use, try alfred hitchcock, tiny toons, and get smart. these are the ones i use and they all work for my treo. they take a few seconds to preview and when you set them as ringtones, but they do work.

the next thing you might notice is that they seem low volume. this seems random, and typically goes away after a soft reset.

what we need is an editing program that can shorten the tones, or for palmgsm.net to wake up to the fact that we don't need whole songs anyway. what we need are appropriate song snippets.
    Thanks very much to you aarons12 for this excellent advice! I can now get at least some use out of Ringo.

I hope the vendors post some info on their website to this effect. They are selling the whole package as okay for the Treo 300 and will be getting a lot of $10 purchasers hopping mad without clearing this up.

Regards,

NateS