1.    #1  
    We've updated MarknDial (available at treo.pdaapps.com).

The new version automatically hyperlinks phone numbers displayed by Blazer, and clicking on such a link will dial out the phone. This solves the problem that many of you have mentioned that if you use Blazer to surf to a site such as

http://www.555-1212.com/palm

to lookup a phone number, you cannot dial out the number easily.

The new version will also allow you to mark any URL in most applications and launch blazer on doing the "action sequence".

As always, this is a free upgrade for registered users.

Enjoy

PDAapps
  2.    #2  
    Well, we forgot to update the download link on our website after releasing the new version, and so the link was still pointed to the older version. We have fixed that. People who have already downloaded will have to do it all over again.

We apologize for the inconvenience.
    Hey, I appreciate all you've done for treo SW development, but the advertising is becoming a bit much. I'm sure that if people want to find out about product updates/bug fixes they can visit your web site.

Best,
    Derek.
    Originally posted by derek985
    Hey, I appreciate all you've done for treo SW development, but the advertising is becoming a bit much. I'm sure that if people want to find out about product updates/bug fixes they can visit your web site.

Best,
    Derek.
    Then you should simply ignore it. I, for one, find his updates valuable as I check treocentral frequently.
    I would be lost without this board and the notices posted here of software updates. I think these are invaluable. Thank you PDAapps!!
    Don't mind Derek, the rotting flesh is getting him cranky. He should pass away soon.
    I agree - let us know about any and all products, updates, etc.
    Add me to the chorus of voices requesting that PDA Apps continue to post all notable Treo 300 updates. I would never know about them otherwise.
    I also agree. That's what it's all about is sharing information. Might be an ad. but it keeps us on the board.
    PS. PDAapps has great tech support. How's that for a plug!
    So I'm in the minority.
    I've been known to be wrong in the past.

Because I'm a jerk though I do want to raise a few questions before I depart this noble thread...

1. Could the same communication effect NOT be achieved with a simple e-mail list that those who want updates join?

2. Since this product is a commercial one, does the developer NOT know the e-mail addresses of his users?

I, rabble-rouser that I am, do hereby promise not to harass you any further on this subject.

Best,
    D.
    Originally posted by derek985
    So I'm in the minority.
    I've been known to be wrong in the past.

Because I'm a jerk though I do want to raise a few questions before I depart this noble thread...

1. Could the same communication effect NOT be achieved with a simple e-mail list that those who want updates join?

With new members joining this board all the time, I think there is enough of us (who may not have heard of MarknDial before) that messages such as this are worthwhile.

On another note, this thing works really work.