View Poll Results: Did you purchase the Replacement Program for $4/month?

Voters
83. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I did participate in the program. It\\\'s only $4....well worth it.

66 79.52%
  • No, it seems like a waste of money. My treo should be fine.

17 20.48%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I think the program is a bad idea. My hinge broke after 4-5 months, and they replaced it free of charge. I didnt' need insurance.
    The replacement program is probably most useful for situations that occur outside ofthe warranty period - I took mine in (bought in August) due to the power connection on the bottom not working, and they sent me a new one. Didn't need the replacement thing, but I was still under warranty...
    Originally posted by KRamsauer
    How does that work? Unless you plan on committing fraud...
    Now why would you say a thing like that? When you travel as much as I do it's just par for the course to lose things. Leave it on a plane, in an another companies office for the LAN Admin to find and keep. Fraud is what Lobbyiest due in government.

To answer your question, I used the replacement program twice and both times my phone was upgraded. I do not remember what the first upgrade was but the 2nd was a StartTAC dual band to the Tri-band in color. So I figure with all the talk of new TREO's I might get lucky again.
    Last edited by Wood Mountain; 05/02/2003 at 07:01 PM.
    Originally posted by nrosser
    The replacement program is probably most useful for situations that occur outside ofthe warranty period - I took mine in (bought in August) due to the power connection on the bottom not working, and they sent me a new one. Didn't need the replacement thing, but I was still under warranty...
    I plan to dump my Treo after the warranty period runs out. Of course that when my Sprint contract runs out as well and I can get a new discoutn for signing up with them or someone else.
    I used to think it was a great idea. But its a rip off, because they only replace your phone in only two incidents. At the second time you lose/break your phone, they cancel your insurance, so their liability is extremely limited, and even more less if you consider you have to pay $35.00 for each incident.

Sorry but for $48 dollars a year, I find that to be a rip off because normally you use the phone for two or three years you end up paying $144 dollars, and if you add $70 thats about 20% of the liability (if you consider the phone to be worth $500, which nowadays is much less)!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12