Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
    Same here, I am quite willing to buy the serial cable and the modem software if I know it can be made to work. I don't see the serial limitation as that big a deal. Yes USB would be better but if serial works....

James

Originally posted by sqhub
    Has anyone tried to use the software with a Windows 2000/XP/98 machine via a serial cable? Can you report if you have had any success? Before spending $$$ on the hotsync cable I would like to hear from someone else who has tried it!

Thanks for all your hard work scott!
    No verification from me on whether it works with WirelessModem (but the docs say it should..), but the serial hotsync cable definitely allows hotsyncing with the Treo 300 under linux. I talked to someone I know who has been syncing his Treo 300 under linux this way (serial) for a while now.

Seems if it can hotsync, they can talk just fine, and it should work fine with WirelessModem.
    I have the cable and am trying now on a win xp machine will post results.
    Originally posted by teevah1
    I have the cable and am trying now on a win xp machine will post results.
    Cool, thanks!
    Robert
    Please visit my moblog, Robert-O-Rama
    Here is what I have after 15 mins of playing:

I was able to connect with a serial cable on 98 machine. Had to change the port speed to 19000 and used 33600 modem driver standard. Connected and surfed internet while it was slow glad to see it working. Then I bumped up to 38,400 with same driver speed was a little faster. Going to try more but for now it seems to work with the serial cable. Great Work Scott if all goes well will purchase software by the end of the week.

The following slashdot article describes a user who managed to get his Linux machine connected through his Sanyo phone.

http://slashdot.org/articles/02/11/0....shtml?tid=100

http://www.natecarlson.com/linux/sanyo-4900.php

Josh
    will not allow connection for anything except the port being at 38400. Any ideas? I also enabled software compression and seems a little better
    will not allow connection for anything except the port being at 38400. Any ideas? I also enabled software compression and seems a little better
    Which side won't allow the connection? I've got my Treo set to 230,400 on both the PDA side and laptop side. Granted I'm using USB, but the serial port should be able to handle it. Maybe you can modify the initialization string (I posted one earlier in this thread) to get it to go higher.
    Scott,

I tried the init string you listed and still no change. Tried all the diffrent combos of speed and the highest it will allow me to connect is 38,400 on the modem port and the wmodem laptop port both have to be the same.
    Scott,

I tried the init string you listed and still no change. Tried all the diffrent combos of speed and the highest it will allow me to connect is 38,400 on the modem port and the wmodem laptop port both have to be the same.
    Sounds like a limitation on the serial port on the Treo, in the cable, or on the PC.

I'll see if I can find a serial cable for the Treo and take a stab at figuring things out.

(I'm still waiting for a Windows programmer to come up with the magic answer for USB :-)).
    Here is what I have after 15 mins of playing:

I was able to connect with a serial cable on 98 machine. Had to change the port speed to 19000 and used 33600 modem driver standard. Connected and surfed internet while it was slow glad to see it working. Then I bumped up to 38,400 with same driver speed was a little faster. Going to try more but for now it seems to work with the serial cable. Great Work Scott if all goes well will purchase software by the end of the week.

This is good news. Does it work as a dial up using minutes or as a data/network connection?
    Let me know if there is anything else I can do. I am going to keep the cable because it does connect and speed varies. It will be good for im and email as it stands now. Keep up the good work. I also have mac that I am upgrading to 10.2 today to give that a whirl. I had 10.1 and could not get it to connect last night.
    since you are using #777 it is data which is unlimited.
    since you are using #777 it is data which is unlimited.
    What is the exact setup used for Windows? Any particular "modem" strings?
    Hi I just found this thread, and I am very excited about this software. Good job Scott. I've been asking about something like this at PalmInfoCenter and etc for a long time, and I'm glad to finally find it. I posted a link over at PIC to this thread so I hope more people will sign up and purchase this software...
    Just an update I am now trying win xp and cannot get it to connect at all. I can hotsync so i know the port is configured. it seems as if it is a driver issue? any ideas?
    Just an update I am now trying win xp and cannot get it to connect at all. I can hotsync so i know the port is configured. it seems as if it is a driver issue? any ideas?
    If you can HotSync over serial, then you probably have the HotSync manager still running. You'll need to quit the HotSync manager before you can talk to it as a modem.
    no i made sure that it was shutdown. It appears to be software related it opens port goes to dial #777 just as 98 did but it never makes connect and I get error that the modem error after about 15 seconds.
    no i made sure that it was shutdown. It appears to be software related it opens port goes to dial #777 just as 98 did but it never makes connect and I get error that the modem error after about 15 seconds.
    When you mean software, you mean Windows XP related, correct?

You might turn on Debugging in WirelessModem and see if any data actually gets to the Treo (don't leave this on for too long as it tends to hang the unit). You'll at least be able to see if XP is sending AT commands.

All I have on my Windows box is 98, so even if I got a serial cable, I won't be of much help.
    Scott,

I put it in debugging modede and it is sending At commands. It then shows error. is there a way to see all the info? Any ideas on what the error means. Let me know
Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast