Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 260 of 552
  1. phildro's Avatar
    Posts
    301 Posts
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    #241  
    ...and while we were making out our XMas wish lists, can Scott make future releases multitask-able? Keeping the flip open to allow modem communication is one thing, but I also want to be able to flip back to my calendar with Wireless Modem active and still have it XMIT...

    BTW- has anyone done DSLReports testing with Win2k/Serial Cable vs. Win2k/Infrared?

    I was thinking about getting the serial cable, but would like to know if there is much of a speed difference.

    Finally, has anyone seen this break the Wireless Hotsync on Win2K? Mine seems to have gone bye-bye...
  2. phildro's Avatar
    Posts
    301 Posts
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    #242  
    Sorry...last point, I meant to say "Infrared Hotsync" which doesn't seem to work anymore on my laptop, although Wireless Modem works like a champ...

  3. #243  
    Originally posted by phildro
    ...and while we were making out our XMas wish lists, can Scott make future releases multitask-able? Keeping the flip open to allow modem communication is one thing, but I also want to be able to flip back to my calendar with Wireless Modem active and still have it XMIT...
    Unfortunately the Palm OS (at least for current versions) doesn't allow for multitasking. There are ways that I could implement WirelessModem as a hack, but a) it would be significantly less stable and b) it would be slower.
  4. #244  
    Going out to buy a serial cable now, if all works out my company may "vote" several times over.
    Dan
  5. #245  
    Ok so I went out and got a serial cable and have my phone plugged into my win2k machine. It contacts the network seems to set everythig up, it verifys my username and password then it gets to, Registering your computer on the network... it hangs for about a min then it doesn't connect and it makes my treo hang and I have to do a soft reboot. I have full bar connection and if I close the program and connect out to the web as I normaly do with the phone the wireless web works great. Has anyone else had this problem or have any ideas on fixing it?
    Thanks,
    Dan
  6. #246  
    Originally posted by bulletfast
    Ok so I went out and got a serial cable and have my phone plugged into my win2k machine. It contacts the network seems to set everythig up, it verifys my username and password then it gets to, Registering your computer on the network... it hangs for about a min then it doesn't connect and it makes my treo hang and I have to do a soft reboot. I have full bar connection and if I close the program and connect out to the web as I normaly do with the phone the wireless web works great. Has anyone else had this problem or have any ideas on fixing it?
    Thanks,
    Dan
    While it looks like the Treo hangs, I think that if you give it a minute or two, you can hit the No button and turn off WirelessModem.

    As to your issue, are you saying that Windows says "Registering your computer on the network"? In Network settings, click on the Dial Up Adapter, hit Properties, then Advanced and select Record to log file and change to Yes. Then you'll have to find the log file; that should help. Have you used PPP on this machine over regular dialup?
    Last edited by sgruby; 11/20/2002 at 03:55 PM.
  7. #247  
    I can't get it to show up as an active network port either using a brand new treo and OS X v10.2. I have repeated the steps over and over...
  8. #248  
    Well after having it fail several times, I turned the phone off and switched to a standard 56k v90 modem and set maximum speed on everything to the 57k speed and it works awesome. I went over to a win98 laptop and tried it and it worked excellent as well. I disconnected and reconnected about 10 times between the two computers and I had 100% success rate.
    Thanks for an awesome program,
    You will surly be receiving several "votes" from us.
    Dan
  9. #249  
    Originally posted by chrisutley
    I can't get it to show up as an active network port either using a brand new treo and OS X v10.2. I have repeated the steps over and over...
    Did you:

    a) Make sure System Preferences was closed prior to doing everything else?
    b) Launch WirelessModem on the Mac
    c) Launch WirelessModem on the Treo
    d) Configure the ports on the Treo
    e) Hit Yes to enable modem on the Treo
    f) Launch System Preferences on the Mac
    g) Go to Network

    If you launch Console, there may be a few messages at the end of the log. Posting them here may help.
  10. #250  
    Originally posted by bulletfast
    Thanks for an awesome program,
    You will surly be receiving several "votes" from us.
    Dan
    Great! I'm glad that things are working for you. I wish the configuration was easier (Treo side is pretty easy), but desktop vendors have (still) not made modem/dialup configuration easy (in my opinion).
  11. #251  
    So now I'm having the same problem as bulletfast was. It connects to the modem fine, then comes up with "Registering your computer on the network", and then i get the error...

    Disconnected
    Error 718: The conection was terminated because the remote computer did not respond in a timely manner.


    A few questions..
    -Do you need to enter in your vision username and password in the dial box?

    -Should QoS Packet Scheduler be installed along with TCP/IP?

    - And under PPP Settings, which of these should be checked?
    Enable LCP extensions
    Enable software compression
    Negotiate multi-link for single link connections
  12. #252  
    Originally posted by slffl

    -Do you need to enter in your vision username and password in the dial box?
    I think it is optional. It seems to work either way for me.


    -Should QoS Packet Scheduler be installed along with TCP/IP?
    No.

    - And under PPP Settings, which of these should be checked?
    Enable LCP extensions
    Enable software compression
    Negotiate multi-link for single link connections
    I believe only Enable LCP extensions should be checked.
  13. #253  
    I've been trying to find alternative ways to connect the Treo 300 to my laptop via USB.. Here is something I found.. Maybe someone can use this in conjunction w/ a custom application? I don't know.. but at least you can install an I/O for the Treo.. seems to be a step in the right direction.



    USBIO


    "The generic device driver USBIO provides direct access to Universal Serial Bus (USB) devices for Win32 applications. The USBIO driver is able to control all kinds of USB devices. "

    Also, has anyone been able to successfully get the Treo 300 working under Mandrake? I've tried everything and I can't seem to get it to recognize the USB device..

    -WZ
    Last edited by wz_man; 11/20/2002 at 10:10 PM.
  14. #254  
    Originally posted by wz_man
    I've been trying to find alternative ways to connect the Treo 300 to my laptop via USB.. Here is something I found.. Maybe someone can use this in conjunction w/ a custome application? I don't know.. but at least you can install an I/O for the Treo.. seems to be a step in the right direction.



    USBIO


    "The generic device driver USBIO provides direct access to Universal Serial Bus (USB) devices for Win32 applications. The USBIO driver is able to control all kinds of USB devices. "


    -WZ
    That's only part of the solution; the other part is that the driver must register a COM port and be able to handle data from the COM port and push it through to the USB driver.
  15. #255  
    I have used WirelessModem with USB and Linux successfully. I do not run Mandrake, but linux kernel is linux kernel..

    You need some experimental drivers that aren't included with the base kernel. Message me with your email address if you want me to forward them on to you. Making use of them requires that you be able to build a vanilla 2.4.9 kernel from source. If you're not comfortable with building your own kernels, you're best off waiting till the drivers are integrated with the standard kernel, and thus major distro packages, which is who knows when.
  16.    #256  
    Well. It works. It looks like I will be voting very soon Scott and will also be putting my laptop into my truck for some mobile fun.

    I do have one question. I was able to use iTunes to steam a 56k station and wondered how much of my vision will I eat up with that?


    Great Product!
    <b>The difficult is easy, the impossible takes time.</b>
  17. #257  
    56k? Impressive. Mine was only able to handle a 28kbps :P
  18. #258  
    I'm having the same problem, doesn't show up in the active ports pop-up menu. I'm using 10.2 on a Ti 667 DVI. Posting from my treo, damn this thing rocks.
  19. #259  
    Originally posted by chrisutley
    I'm having the same problem, doesn't show up in the active ports pop-up menu. I'm using 10.2 on a Ti 667 DVI. Posting from my treo, damn this thing rocks.
    It will only show up in the active ports menu after you launch WirelessModem on the Mac and tap Yes to Enable Modem on the Treo. System Preferences should not be open when you do this. If it still doesn't show up, look at the messages in Console and post the last few that look like they may be relevant.
  20. #260  
    I just got a Treo 300 and am trying to get online with my laptop via the phone, I used to do this with my Nokia phone so I had the IR modem driver from Nokia installed, but it doesn't seem to work w/ the wireless modem software, the reason I didn't install the driver suggested is because I'm still running Windows 98 on my laptop.

    Does anyone know of an IR modem driver that will work with Windows 98 and wireless modem?

Posting Permissions