Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 552
  1. #201  
    Originally posted by DigiSage
    sgruby, maybe you can help me? If I establish a connectia via Wireless Modem, the only program that works reliably on my notebook is command line FTP... if I go to internet explorer, aim, or anything else, the connection freezes after a few seconds, and then even command line FTP doesn't work. This is on my Treo 300, connected to a Windows 2000 laptop.

    The other problem I'm having is that it just doesn't work with a serial cable. The only way I can get the treo modem to respond to AT commands is if I connect to the serial port on my Windows side first, and then click "Enable" in wireless modem... If I leave Enable on and then disconnect/reconnect to the serial port in windows, I get nothing. Any ideas?
    For the first problem, try increasing the buffer size to 8192 or higher as indicated in other posts. As for the serial cable issue, may I suggest getting a Macintosh? :-) Seriously, if you enable WirelessModem for the serial port, it shouldn't matter what order you do it or if you connect/reconnect the laptop. I suggest trying out HyperTerminal and see if you can send simple AT commands.
  2. #202  
    Um... yeah...

    First of all, I was using SecureCRT which can be configured to communicate directly with the serial port. Secondly, even in Linux, talking to the serial port, I get the same issues.... any other ideas?

    How do I increase the buffer size to 8192?
  3. #203  
    Originally posted by DigiSage
    Um... yeah...

    First of all, I was using SecureCRT which can be configured to communicate directly with the serial port. Secondly, even in Linux, talking to the serial port, I get the same issues.... any other ideas?

    How do I increase the buffer size to 8192?
    Download the latest version, go into Advanced Settings and change the buffer size.
  4. #204  
    Not only did your new version fix my connection dying problem, it also made it actually work right over the serial port! Thanks a lot!

    btw, i'm in San Diego too!
  5. #205  
    Also, and I'm sorry if this has been covered before, but when dialing #777 through WirelessModem.. does it come out my unlimited Vision usage? or does sprint charge for it? or does it come out of my minutes?
  6. #206  
    Originally posted by DigiSage
    Also, and I'm sorry if this has been covered before, but when dialing #777 through WirelessModem.. does it come out my unlimited Vision usage? or does sprint charge for it? or does it come out of my minutes?
    #777 comes out of unlimited Vision as far as I know. I haven't received my first bill since switching, but that's what I've been told.
  7. #207  
    The latest version of WModem automaticly disconnects the phone from vision so that wmodem can use the connection. This works great. However, if Business Connect is configured to automaticly sync, it attempts to restart the vision connection, gets an error message and locks up the phone including wmodem. A reset is not required but wmodem is frozen until you acknowledge the error messages (3 of them) and then resumes when they clear. Any way to have wmodem disable Business Connect auto sync while running to avoid this issue?

    Thanks,

    James Thorne
  8. #208  
    Originally posted by jcthorne
    The latest version of WModem automaticly disconnects the phone from vision so that wmodem can use the connection. This works great. However, if Business Connect is configured to automaticly sync, it attempts to restart the vision connection, gets an error message and locks up the phone including wmodem. A reset is not required but wmodem is frozen until you acknowledge the error messages (3 of them) and then resumes when they clear. Any way to have wmodem disable Business Connect auto sync while running to avoid this issue?

    Thanks,

    James Thorne
    I could disable all alarms (which is what I hope triggers Business Connect), but that would prevent all alarms from going. There are probably other things to do, but at this point in time, I have no plans on blocking these error messages. What do the error messages say? Are they WirelessModem error messages or Business Connect?

    Unfortunately all I can suggest is to disable Business Connect before using WirelessModem.

    If I get at least 20 people that need/want this feature and purchase the software, I will see what I can do (if you've already purchased, please send email to suggest@notifymail.com indicating you want this feature). I have to know where to spend my time and if there aren't that many paying customers that want this, I should probably spend my time elsewhere.
  9. #209  
    I will send you a private email asking for the feature as I am a paying customer. However, its not THAT big a deal if I just remember to disable auto sync on Business Connect, the real problem is remembering to do so.....

    Thanks again for an innovative and functional product. I was happy to pay for your efforts to develop this. I will get the error messages jotted down and email them to you.

    James Thorne
  10. #210  
    If I get at least 20 people that need/want this feature and purchase the software, I will see what I can do (if you've already purchased, please send email to suggest@notifymail.com indicating you want this feature). I have to know where to spend my time and if there aren't that many paying customers that want this, I should probably spend my time elsewhere.
    I know you mentioned this before that you had no plans on creating software for a windows based laptop to be able to connect the treo to a laptop. But I asure you that a lot more than 20 people would be knocking on your door to purchase it. Myself included.

    Heres to you, hoping you will reconsider.
  11. #211  
    Originally posted by treo3000


    I know you mentioned this before that you had no plans on creating software for a windows based laptop to be able to connect the treo to a laptop. But I asure you that a lot more than 20 people would be knocking on your door to purchase it. Myself included.

    Heres to you, hoping you will reconsider.
    Unfortunately (fortunately) I don't write Windows software and as of yet, no Windows developer has stepped up to the plate to develop it. Until that happens, the choices will remain: 1) Use a Macintosh over USB, 2) Use Linux over USB (beta drivers) or 3) Use Windows over serial or IR.

    Sorry.
  12. #212  
    I got Linux USB working today with a vanilla 2.4.9 kernel and the experimental patches.

    With 3 bars, testing by ftp transfer of a compressed archive, I got about 3.8 kBps down. Very erratic rates, but that was what it averaged to.

    Uploading was drastically slower, probably due to a bug/issue in the experimental drivers. About 0.66 kBps.

    Latency without any other traffic besides the pings was

    362ms min / 476ms avg / 582 ms max / 87ms standard deviation.
  13. kevp913's Avatar
    Posts
    92 Posts
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    #213  
    Hey Guys,

    I am new to this discussion board but have read through pretty much all of your comments about this thread today. (Yes it took a LOOONG time). I received my Treo 300 a few days and have been messing with it ever since.

    Here is my problem and situation. I have a Dell Inspiron 4100 running Windows XP Pro with IR port enabled. I've explicity followed all instructions on how to download the software, create the modem, and create the connection, etc. However, Windows keeps reporting to me that upon "dialing" my treo connection, that it cannot open the port. I have tried many ports, (3,6,10 to name a few) and have had the same problem on all. I turned DEBUG mode on in the WirelessModem software and noticed that it is getting "ERROR" on a few of the initilization lines. Has anybody else gotten problems like this? If so, how did you fix it? ANY help would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks!

    -Kevin
  14. #214  
    Open control panel -> admin tools -> services
    (or right click my conmputer -> manage -> services)
    and Shutdown the infrared monitor service, that should help as it conflicts with ircomm

    (you can also do a Net stop "Infrared monitor" from the command line)

    see if that helps

    BT
  15. #215  
    I just re-read the previous post... what I did to fix this initially was open a manual dial window and just do a atz or one of the strings posted here...

    the only other way I found to fix this was edit modem .inf files or registry settings

    BT
  16. kevp913's Avatar
    Posts
    92 Posts
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    #216  
    Originally posted by btsipenyuk
    I just re-read the previous post... what I did to fix this initially was open a manual dial window and just do a atz or one of the strings posted here...

    the only other way I found to fix this was edit modem .inf files or registry settings

    BT
    btsipenyuk,

    Thanks for your help! Unfortunately, disabling the service had no effect. I opened HyperTerminal and told it to directly connect to COMM10 (my current IRCOMM port) and I was able to send it AT and received OK back every time. So I'm pretty sure the IRCOMM is working properly. I'm attaching the LOG file for the modem. Any ideas? Thanks.

    11-18-2002 09:52:00.372 - File: C:\WINDOWS\System32\tapisrv.dll, Version 5.1.2600
    11-18-2002 09:52:00.372 - File: C:\WINDOWS\System32\unimdm.tsp, Version 5.1.2600
    11-18-2002 09:52:00.372 - File: C:\WINDOWS\System32\unimdmat.dll, Version 5.1.2600
    11-18-2002 09:52:00.372 - File: C:\WINDOWS\System32\uniplat.dll, Version 5.1.2600
    11-18-2002 09:52:00.372 - File: C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\modem.sys, Version 5.1.2600
    11-18-2002 09:52:00.372 - File: C:\WINDOWS\System32\modemui.dll, Version 5.1.2600
    11-18-2002 09:52:00.382 - File: C:\WINDOWS\System32\mdminst.dll, Version 5.1.2600
    11-18-2002 09:52:00.382 - Modem type: Standard 56000 bps Modem
    11-18-2002 09:52:00.382 - Modem inf path: mdmgen.inf
    11-18-2002 09:52:00.382 - Modem inf section: Gen556F
    11-18-2002 09:52:00.382 - Matching hardware ID: moto1_gen
    11-18-2002 09:52:00.382 - 57600,8,N,1, ctsfl=0, rtsctl=1
    11-18-2002 09:52:00.382 - Initializing modem.
    11-18-2002 09:52:00.382 - DSR is low while initializing the modem. Verify modem is turned on.
    11-18-2002 09:52:00.382 - CTS is low while initializing modem.
    11-18-2002 09:52:00.392 - Send: AT<cr>
    11-18-2002 09:52:01.944 - Recv: <cr><lf>OK<cr><lf>
    11-18-2002 09:52:01.944 - Interpreted response: OK
    11-18-2002 09:52:01.954 - Send: AT&FE0V1&C1&D2S95=47S0=0<cr>
    11-18-2002 09:52:02.565 - Recv: <cr><lf>ERROR<cr><lf>
    11-18-2002 09:52:02.565 - Interpreted response: Error
    11-18-2002 09:52:02.565 - Session Statistics:
    11-18-2002 09:52:02.565 - Reads : 0 bytes
    11-18-2002 09:52:02.565 - Writes: 0 bytes
  17. #217  
    Originally posted by kevp913


    11-18-2002 09:52:01.954 - Send: AT&FE0V1&C1&D2S95=47S0=0<cr>
    Edit your init string (may have to edit an .inf file) to not send that entire thing.

    Change it to 'AT'. The Treo requires no initialization strings. All that's needed is the actual dial string 'ATDT#777'
  18. kevp913's Avatar
    Posts
    92 Posts
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    #218  
    Originally posted by jshrieve


    Edit your init string (may have to edit an .inf file) to not send that entire thing.

    Change it to 'AT'. The Treo requires no initialization strings. All that's needed is the actual dial string 'ATDT#777'
    Thanks jshrieve! That sounds like the problem right there. I have tried everything I can think of to remove that init string, but I can't seem to find where Windows is pulling it from. Why hasn't anybody with Windows XP had this problem? Does everybody else's just work?

    Thanks,
    Kevin
  19. #219  
    Originally posted by kevp913


    Thanks jshrieve! That sounds like the problem right there. I have tried everything I can think of to remove that init string, but I can't seem to find where Windows is pulling it from. Why hasn't anybody with Windows XP had this problem? Does everybody else's just work?

    Thanks,
    Kevin
    Did you search for mdmgen.inf and see if the init string is in there? From the log you posted earlier, this seems to be the inf file you're using.
  20. #220  
    I just followed the steps exactly (XP and Treo 300). When I click dial in XP, the Status Lights work on the Treo and I can see data scrolling on the debugging lines. It finally stops with an ERROR on the Treo and the following error on the XP machine.

    Opening port...

    Error 692: There was a hardware failure in the modem (or other connecting device).


    Anyone know what the problem could be?

Posting Permissions