1.    #1  
    Has anyone tried MobileFile with the Treo 300? How are the speeds at moving files up/down to the PC? This sounds like a perfect match up to the Treo 300 (and 270 - though lack of unlimited data pricing makes it less perfect), but from what I've read here it sounds like the 2.5G network isn't as blazingly fast (possibly due to Dragonball and/or OS3.5) limitations.

Scott
  2.    #2  
    BTW, in case anyone is wondering what I'm talking about, you can find out more from Cutting Edge's web site here:
    http://www.cesinc.com/mobilefile/index.html

Scott
    I've not tried it but it says it works with all Treos. Does it offer anything that BizConnect does not? BC lets you e-mail files from your PC also
    So I guess the main difference btw Mobile File and Sprint's Business Connection service is that Mobile File allows you to send files from your PC down to the handheld - ? I use Business Connection's file sending function a lot - send (redirect really)someone a file, via my Treo, from the designated folder on my PC. Very handy. I don't know how often I'd need to have a stored file on my PC sent down to the handheld.

Now, having access to file attachments in e-mail is another story altogether - it seems like Mobile File itself does not provide attachment conversion - they need Corsoft's Aileron for that. Having access to file attachments is still desperately needed with BizConn.

Anyone else have any experience with Mobile File?
  5.    #5  
    Originally posted by nrosser
    I don't know how often I'd need to have a stored file on my PC sent down to the handheld.
    One of the things that sounds so great about this product is that it could be used as virtual storage. For instance, you could have a directory filled with all sorts of Palm OS games in PRC format. In order for it to be usable though, transfer speeds would need to be acceptable (which was the main question I was hoping to get answered in starting this thread).

Originally posted by nrosser
    Now, having access to file attachments in e-mail is another story altogether - it seems like Mobile File itself does not provide attachment conversion - they need Corsoft's Aileron for that.
    I believe MobileFile works in conjunction with their QuickOffice products. So, if you own QuickOffice, you can open word documents, etc. Also, I believe you can have the file stored on your shared desktop folder in standard Office format (e.g. - .doc) and the desktop component of the MobileFile software will on-the-fly convert it to QuickOffice format when it sends it down to you and vice versa.

Scott
  6.    #6  
    Another comment about reading office files...

This isn't an email program so, no, it won't handle opening documents attached to emails. As you said, that's where Aileron comes in.

Scott