1.    #1  
    Just in case anybody is interested, i was using AOL's calendar to send me email reminders of appointments. i have a desk job where i check my email more frequently than my PDA during the day and home at night.

The problem was i had to add everything twice with my new treo, once to AOL and again to the treo, since AOL in their arrogance doesn't sync, and in fact in the latest AOL 8.0 they have taken the calendar icon off the main screen, suggesting to me that they are 'de-emphasizing' it going forward.

I found that yahoo has a similar calendar, and they offer a free version of intellisync that will sync both with the treo and with outlook. so now i'm all set. probably the hardest part was getting my address book out of AOL and into outlook, but that can be done with powertools for AOL. http://www.bpssoft.com/PowerTools/

so now everything is in sync, and aol is one step closer to oblivion in my book. the only slightly tricky part is you still have to sync your apps with palm desktop or whatever you use. and you have to close hotsync and open it again for intellisync for yahoo to work.

anyway, long post but maybe somebody will find it useful
    Hmmm too bad we couldn't get all this to work wirelessley eh? Since There seems to be no way to get Hotmail on the Treo, I was considering going yahoo, but I already payed $20 for extra Hotmail space (thinking that would give me POP3 access too (it didn't (bastards!))).
  3.    #3  
    i think the wireless option is just a matter of time, but in the meantime i was able to pick up an extra hotsync/charge cable for $10 on ebay (plus shipping of course) so i can sync both at home and office, which coincidentally gives me an extra backup of my data. maybe not perfect, but a darn sight better than what i had before when you factor in everything else the treo does, including handling my aol mail.
    I use Yahoo! PIM so much - it' definitely is one of the most useful 'free' tools left on the web!!!

Basically what I do is I sync my Edge to Outlook and Outlook to Yahoo. (I totally by pass Palm Desktop, just use it for the hotsync manager through chadupa software)

It's great!!!
    Originally posted by Miles Davis
    Hmmm too bad we couldn't get all this to work wirelessley eh? Since There seems to be no way to get Hotmail on the Treo, I was considering going yahoo, but I already payed $20 for extra Hotmail space (thinking that would give me POP3 access too (it didn't (bastards!))).
    I've noticed a lot of ppl saying they can't get hotmail. I didn't search for it, but has anyone ever tried getting their hotmail this way ? http://mobile.msn.com/pocketpc/
    Originally posted by slffl

I've noticed a lot of ppl saying they can't get hotmail. I didn't search for it, but has anyone ever tried getting their hotmail this way ? http://mobile.msn.com/pocketpc/
    I've tried this a bunch of times and it won't work to access hotmail. Also, that wouldn't help us for "push" email like everyone else has. Hotmail has all these users and they've screwed them by not letting them access mail from anywhere but a pc! Oh well, its Microsoft!
  7.    #7  
    aol not much better. now they want palm users to pay for aol software when its free for pc...

and aol's mail app doesn't work all that well. i use pocketflash. but with all this neat yahoo stuff, will probably change to pop3 mail as soon as i come up with a screen name i'm happy with. the trouble with having your own domain name is that it sounds dumb to have your address as 'joe@joeblow.com'. want something more clever... like 'masterofallcreation@joeblow.com'

then i can go to all these threads on this site that discuss the best pop3 email for the treo, and use one of those...
    You just might be able to get hotmail on the treo...

Install the web clipping software (PQA) support for Palm OS 3.5.

Do a search of treocentral for PQA support to find the links...

Then download the thinair pqa.

It should work.

It worked on the Palm VII and Kyocera 6035... and I was able to get Hotmail...
    hmmm.... that pqa is somethibg i may have to try. this is actually my first poston the treo, yippee! ya know, I was considering switching to a mac anyway, I wonder if all of their new stuff is accessable?