1.    #1  
    I've heard people complain that the call log for the Treo doesn't keep track of length of calls. I just noticed that a seldom-used but very useful feature of Iambic's Agendus called 'Contact History' brings up all prior meetings/to-do's/phone calls to a contact and it includes the length of calls. The info is there, kind of surprizing that the phone app doesn't display the info.
    I presume that Sprint had this feature removed as I have this on a Treo 270. I presume they dont want us quibbling our invoices. CDMA networks connect calls a little differently too than on GSM - the timings differ for chargeability depending upon the type of network you are on e.g. some charge when the call connects whereas some charge airtime for use of the cell so that you burn minutes while you wait for the other side to pickup. The latter seems greedy but the fact is that you have exclusive use of a cell during the time you are trying to call the other party.
    Originally posted by Poryphyron
    I presume that Sprint had this feature removed as I have this on a Treo 270. I presume they dont want us quibbling our invoices. CDMA networks connect calls a little differently too than on GSM - the timings differ for chargeability depending upon the type of network you are on e.g. some charge when the call connects whereas some charge airtime for use of the cell so that you burn minutes while you wait for the other side to pickup. The latter seems greedy but the fact is that you have exclusive use of a cell during the time you are trying to call the other party.
    I know I would love to have call duration and logging capabilities not to dispute my Sprint invoice, but to help me invoice clients. A consultant or lawyer need to document time for billing purposes. In the office it is easy to log time, just hit the timer on the billing software, but you can't do that when a client calls you outside of the office or you are doing work for a client in the field. In the past with regular cell phones, you can still sort of reconstruct time spent on a phone with their call logs. The true potential of a Treo 300 is the ability to not only track calls, but also log the content and thus give some context to the calls. Afterall, the Treo is not just a phone, it is a computer... that's why we pay for convergence technology.