Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Hi all,

Everytime I reboot my PC, BCPE prompts me with a dialog box asking me if I want it to start. I have BizConn in my startup folder, and my password is saved.

It's really annoying to have to click OK every time, not to mention that if there's ever a power failure BC won't connect until someone is in front of the PC to click OK.

I'm running the new version of BCPE and XP Pro.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!!

rotello
    I think this is just the way it works.

I think it is rediculous also and had to by a UPS for my work computer to keep the power on because we get glitches and this just won't come back on.
    Originally posted by rotello
    Hi all,

Everytime I reboot my PC, BCPE prompts me with a dialog box asking me if I want it to start. I have BizConn in my startup folder, and my password is saved.

It's really annoying to have to click OK every time, not to mention that if there's ever a power failure BC won't connect until someone is in front of the PC to click OK.

I'm running the new version of BCPE and XP Pro.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!!

rotello
    Once the BC app on the desktop has launched, open it and go to Tools, Settings, Login tab. Unclick the Launch on Windows Startup box and it won't start on reboot.
    I think he is asking how you can make it connect witout asking you..

Not how to not make it connect at all.
    Remove the -startup parameter from the end of the shortcut command line, that should do it. If you don't really want to edit that shortcut, just copy the one that BC created on the desktop into the Startup folder and delete the old one; the one on the desktop doesn't have the -startup parameter (which I presume makes it ask the startup question).
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Thanks for the help!

Problem solved.

Now if I could only get something to give me ToDo items with an alarm that also vibrates!

rotello
    Thanks broom... I will try this as well.

On another note, is there any way to make Palms HOTSYNC continuously like Pocket PCs.. where while they are connected, any data change goes from the device top PC or vice versa?

Mike
    That works great. Thanks so much. On the same subject, I've posted a question in the past, but haven't gotten many responses...

My BC on the desktop will turn red every couple days. So when I come in, I would have to re-connect. Usually it happened when I'm out of the office, so I have no way of using the program on the Treo. Does any one else experienced the same symptom? And is there a way you can have it automatically re-connect?
    I have had THAT problem also... It went away when I upgraded the client and the palm application.

However, it could be a local server connection issue as well.. don't know
    This issue about restarting BC automatically (or remotely) has been talked about in other threads, but I don't believe anyone has come up with a real solution. The only way I can think of is doing it through PCAnywhere or a similar program.
    I happened to spend all day yesterday scripting macros (using Macro Magic) to periodically keep my corporate VPN connection and BC up and running. Macro Magic can watch for the appearance of window/dialog boxes and automatically perform a script based on it.

While I got it to work, I had major (and completely random and aggrivating) problems with BC reporting a green status, but sometimes got "Cannot connect to enterprise server" messages while syncing on my palm client.

Therefore, while I can ensure everything is running as it is supposed to, I have to ditch the BC client for reliability reasons. I also tried the Treo Mail client and had similar problems.

I finally decided to scrap all that hard work and go with a real mail client.

I set-up a redirect rule to redirect all mail coming into my Inbox to my personal ATT broadband mail account. From there, I have Eudora on my treo just log in and grab it. Eudora is set to auto bcc my corp account whenever I send, and since it's a redirect rule, I get a copy of mail on both my corp and treo. I have Eudora set to delete mail on the (attbi) server after 3 days.

Since we use Exchange/Outlook and filtering rules are server based, I don't have to leave my laptop, vpn, or mail client running and I don't have to pay anyone any money.

I wish BC or TM was reliable enough to use, but they just are not - so don't waste your time, instead - benefit from my mistakes.

D.
    Derek, I thought you were dead by now. Was all this work a last-gasp death throe?

If you're still alive, does all this redirecting retain the correct sender, so when you hit reply, it goes to the right person?
    Also, now that I think about it, doesn't this mean that if you reply to a work email using Eudora, it's going to have your attbi email address on it?
    Originally posted by MobileDave
    Also, now that I think about it, doesn't this mean that if you reply to a work email using Eudora, it's going to have your attbi email address on it?
    Yep, it sure does. I work around this with a signature like:

====================
    Please do not reply directly
    to this message. If you need
    to reply, please direct your
    message to foo@fubar.com
    ====================

So far, so good. Yeah, this is an inconvenience but at least it's reliable (unlike BC or TM).

D.
    Originally posted by MobileDave
    Derek, I thought you were dead by now. Was all this work a last-gasp death throe?

If you're still alive, does all this redirecting retain the correct sender, so when you hit reply, it goes to the right person?
    Yep, using "redirect" retains the correct sender, "forward" or "reply" rules will not.

D.