1.    #1  
    1- Is there any way to change the default screen the phone app opens to? Currently it opens to the quick-dial buttons... I would like it to open to the key-pad buttons.

2- When conducting a call, the screen shows "Hold" and "Hangup" until I end the call, then the screen disappears. Is there anything available (hack) that will keep that screen from disappearing and place a "redial" button on the screen?

TIA.

-Serp
    1. Do a search for "buttons-T' for your free solution... but... why would you want the key pad screen if you can use the number keypad at any time (including when at the speed dial page). Try it, it works!

2) Don't know, but I would venture to say it would bug people to have a screen hang there for a while after a call which would get in the way of doing other things imeditately. I do wish there was a quick keypad solution to redial...
    If I'm not mistaken, you can simply press the Phonebook button after hanging up, and the phone will automatically dial the last number you called.
    Press and Hold...
    MRL-MO
  5.    #5  
    I'd like the phone keypad show up on the screen as opposed to using the keyboard when using the phone while driving... those little keys require too much attention for thumb accuracy... the screen buttons are just easier to hit (for me anyway) while driving.

I'll check out T-Bttons... thx.

-Serp
    I've been looking for a similar solution, and would also prefer to have my phone app default to the on-screen dialpad both upon opening the screen and while on a phone call. (In fact, I had the same reason in mind: dialing while driving.)

I downloaded Buttons-T as suggested, but don't see how this can change the behavior of the phone app. The application itself seems to default to the speed dial screen, whereas Buttons-T appears to only allow you to choose what application opens when pressing a hardware button or an option-action button... but how could this change what screen the app defaults too? Both the touch-screen dialpad and the speed dial screen appear to be part of the same application, and are therefore not separate choices as far as Buttons-T is concerned.

Am I missing something here?
    Hi Serpico,

Kevin from Handspring here. Here’s the link for downloading the application called Buttons T from Handspring’s software section that will allow you to change your default screen.

http://www.handango.com/handspring/P...talog=1&title=

Hope that helps.

Best wishes,
    Kevin
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Kevin Michaels
    kevin.michaels@palm.com
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Check out what’s new at
    http://www.palm.com/
  8. ili
    I tried Buttons T, but it does not allow you to use the Keypad as an option, since Keypad is not listed as an available application (perhaps it is a subset of PhoneBook).
    Anythoughts of how to configure the Keypad to be your defalt screen, using buttons-T or otherwise?
    I know many people are looking for this solution.

Ili
    Originally posted by Kevin Michaels
    Hi Serpico,

Kevin from Handspring here. Here’s the link for downloading the application called Buttons T from Handspring’s software section that will allow you to change your default screen.

http://www.handango.com/handspring/P...talog=1&title=

Hope that helps.

Best wishes,
    Kevin
    Another 2 suggestions: It would be GREAT to be able to control the backlight time and/or when it comes on because the screen is very hard to see in sunlight. AND, it would help to continue to have the Keypad display on the screen DURING a call (along with the hold, speakerphone button, etc.) because it is very difficult to enter PIN numbers for voicemail while driving, walking, etc., because the numbers on the keyboard are so small. Thanks!!!

Lee
    Lee Ladisky
    Originally posted by Leeladisky

Another 2 suggestions: It would be GREAT to be able to control the backlight time and/or when it comes on because the screen is very hard to see in sunlight. AND, it would help to continue to have the Keypad display on the screen DURING a call (along with the hold, speakerphone button, etc.) because it is very difficult to enter PIN numbers for voicemail while driving, walking, etc., because the numbers on the keyboard are so small. Thanks!!!

Lee
    Lee- check out glowhack from palmgear - its free and it does basically what you need - you can set a time frame in which the backlight on the keys will remain lit when the treo is open (for instance 5pm-5am)

It requires a hack app like hackmaster or x-master
    Originally posted by kayden75

Lee- check out glowhack from palmgear - its free and it does basically what you need - you can set a time frame in which the backlight on the keys will remain lit when the treo is open (for instance 5pm-5am)

It requires a hack app like hackmaster or x-master
    Yes - great suggestion and I already use this... However, if you notice, during the time you have set for Glowhack to turn on the Backlight, it actually FURTHER dims the PHonebook screen. Not a problem at night really unless I'm in a bright room. I'm more concerned about during the day - I can actually turn off the keyboard backlight on the phone and the screen will get brighter which is good for daylight viewing. Problem is that I have to do this EVERY time I use the phonebook - a real pain. I think the phone book shouldn't automatically turn on the keyboard backlight which would then allow Glowhack to completely control when/where and if the KB backlight goes on.

L
    Lee Ladisky
    I know we r into immediate gratification and a extra couple of steps can be annoying. Of course while driving extra steps can be dangerous. Entering pin numbers during a call. I just press the phone button Twice because I can do that without looking and I will be at the keypad menu.
    Also not a great solution because it cost money but if u r dialing that many different numers that r not in ur speeddial and usually at times of the day when u r driving, I would suggest getting voice dial option, because even with the keypad ur taking ur eyes off the road.