1. dpf
    As anyone encountered this problem with their 270. When I close the lid on my Treo (just before it shuts-down), I notice that the drop-down menus in all applications (be it the phone, my calendar, the internet or SMS) appear. Is this an identified bug?
    I've never had that problem. Maybe the cover is pressing on the ":menu: " button when it closes?
    Global Posts
    324 Global Posts
    This has happened to me, but it was caused by snapping the lid shut (the menu button gets pressed). Now I close it gently and it's fine.
    loosen the top two screws about 1/8 to 1/4 turn more or less, should do it.
  5. dpf
    i'll try the screws solution...the other 2 reasons are n/a cause this happens before the lid actually touches the keyboard

On another note, the Treo that I currently have (refurbished) I got this week as a result of returning my old one due to a manufacturing defect with the screen. I noticed on my new one at the bottom of the phone application screens, I only have 3 options (speed dial, dial pad and contacts). On my previous one, I had 4 (the above + call history). Any ideas on how to get that back
    you can't. you probably have the GPRS 1.1 update already installed. You get your call history from the option y menu.
  7. dpf
    I had GPRS on my old one....and I had 4 options. Are there more than 1 version of the GPRS patch available? The first GPRS patch I got through Rogers AT&T here in Canada and the 2nd I got directly from the Handspring site. If there is more than 1 version, which is the best and is there a way to change it on my device should it be different
    There is currently only one version, ver1.1. That's what you got from HS support. This is where they changed the 4 options at the buttom and moved the call history to the menu, command "y". The first version released was ver1.0 and that is what you probably got from Rogers....
    I suppose you could reinstall ver 1.0 if you preferred that version, I believe others here have done it.