Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    looking for a leather case for the 300 that clips to the belt and that comes off easy so i can use the phone with out to much trouble one that will stop me from scratching it up
    Originally posted by edwarto
    looking for a leather case for the 300 that clips to the belt and that comes off easy so i can use the phone with out to much trouble one that will stop me from scratching it up
    Best case...

www.casetechworks.com

They have with or without belt clip.. and it is convertible.. I am very happy with this case.
    i use the leather international case shown on this site and its quite dressy and works well. for everyday use, i have a nylon case.
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    I have the Bellagio case which is the same as the Casetechworks case, but less expensive and includes free shipping. I love the case and think it is great.

http://www.bellagiodesigns.com/Lista...Categoria_3=8&

Jeff
    Brookstone Micro Leather Case, $12.00. Perfect fit for the Treo. Very nicely made. Solid clip. Easy access. Space for the headset without removal. Can't go wrong.
    MRL-MO
    I just ordered the Brookstone Micro Leather Case (on the recommendation of someone who's had a Treo 300 for quite awhile - he works for AirPrime.) It was supposedly originally made for the StarTac but is supposed to fit the Treo pretty well. I should be getting it in another day or two and will let you know more about it then (hard to beat the price though.)
    Let me be yet another person to rave about the $12 Brookstone case. I picked it up at the mall yesterday and I love it.

You would think it was designed specifically for the treo. It is an absoluetly perfect (nearly custom) fit. I honestly don't see how it would fit a StarTac well since it really seems suited for exactly the size of the treo (generally larger than a startac). As reported above, you can plug in the headset without removing it from the case, and the jog dial is available (slightly covered) to push to silence the ringer (a quick squeeze of the side of the case silences the ringer in a meeting).

An interesting side-effect of it not being exactly designed for the Treo is that the top flap takes just an ounce of effort to move out of the way of the antenna when removing the unit. What I like about that is that it provides a final level of security should the flap accidently open (not likey with the strong velcro), but still would help prevent a fall.

All I need to do now if cut a slot in the bottom to allow for charging while in the case and I'll be set.

Can't go wrong unless you absolutely need swivel action, or the ability to keep the unit covered while talking. I personally like the look and feel of the "naked" Treo when talking and dislike the clear plastic that tends to cover the keyboard on many other cases.
    I have a question on the Brookstone case...

Does it fit in a front pants pocket, or is it too bulky?

(keep in mind I've been carrying around a Visor Deluxe with Wireless Web digital link phone attachment in my pocket.)
    I am using the Leather International case reviewed here on Treo Central. Great clip, horizontal postion on waist. Great Holster. I did not want a removable nub/clip style case. works for me.
    Originally posted by WHEATHIN
    I have a question on the Brookstone case...

Does it fit in a front pants pocket, or is it too bulky?

(keep in mind I've been carrying around a Visor Deluxe with Wireless Web digital link phone attachment in my pocket.)
    I probably wouldn't carry it in my pocket since the belt clip is permenantly attached. As a former digital link user I can say that it wouldn't be much bulkier though (there are pobably better solutions, however).
    Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    I hate leather..how about plastic or nylon?
    for everyday use, i have the treo 'action' case which is slightly padded nylon, holster style. it works great.

by the way, a number of the cases in this thread, including the leather international one, the action one i mention, are available pretty reasonably on ebay. do a search for 'treo case'. for the action one specifically, add the action word.
    I was going to buy the Brookstone case too, but saw what I felt was a higher quality case at Wilson Leather.

It is exactly the same style case as the Brookstone, with the same expanding sides, and great fit for the Treo. The only real difference is the leather is much, much nicer, which for me justified the $20 price verses the $12 Brookstone price.

I like these case's clamp style clip verses the swivel style. Rides much closer to the body and is very secure.

Buy the way, I would still like a flip style case. I also purchase the Casetech case over the Internet, and was very disappointed in the poor quality. Is that real leather or some cheap plastic. Nice concept but very poorly constructed and cheap materials.

PG
    Thinking about dropping the loot to pick up a Teski - any thoughts reviews on that one?

Or am I better off going with the Bella for 24 bucks and free shipping?
    www.bubblespeed.com
    I have the Teski and could not be happier. I like the feel, functionality is well thought out, easy access and the horizontal position keeps the antenna out of harms way.

James

Originally posted by DJOrient
    Thinking about dropping the loot to pick up a Teski - any thoughts reviews on that one?

Or am I better off going with the Bella for 24 bucks and free shipping?
    I just received the Teski (Leather International) case, and I'm almost happy.

Two problems....

1. No way to keep the headset plugged in while inserting and removing the phone. Though I might try making the headset plug hole bigger so the whole plug fits into the hole instead of through it.

2. The "lid" of the case with the snap does not close down snugly ... the snap appears to be poorly placed just a little high (perhaps 1/4"). I've written to ask them about this.

...Terry.
    tgauch@yahoo.com
    ...Terry.
    I like the Teski case, although I agree with those who said the magnetic closure is too flimsy. I solved this with a small piece of velcro over the magnet. Not enough to make that tacky velcro sound when you open it, but enough to keep the case from opening if you catch the antenna on something. Otherwise the case is well-made, fits beautifully and is comfortable to wear.l
    I ended up with a second Teski Case, so I actually have one in new condition for sale, including gift box.

this has a physical snap , not a magnet.

Considering offers.

Will ship USPS Priority w/Deliv confirmation and insurance for $6.00.

...Terry.
    ...Terry.
    Hi, I designed my own leather case and had a local leather shop make it up for me. It is horizontal, with a very heavry duty chrome clip, that is rivited in 5 places. I have a small safty chain that clips to my pants as a safety measure. The chain is also of my design. The case is held together with rivets as well as decorative lacing. It is lined with natural lambswool. The case sits on my left front side, so I can grab it with my right hand, as I am right handed. It has a snap on front which I felt was more secure than a magnetic clasp or velcro.

The case is far stronger and better made than any of the cases out there for sale. Most of the cases sold commercially either stick out from your belt too far, such as the caseworks or get knocked off your belt too easliy such as the nut case. It costs $36 and it will last a lifetime! Take care, jay
    i got the brookstone case and quickly fell in love with it. for $12.50, bought an extra...
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast