1.    #1  
    I have just purchased the Treo 300 from Amazon, and have a question regarding the pre-loaded software.

The Treo 90 comes with Wordsmith pre-loaded. Does the Treo 300 come with Wordsmith?

If not, can anyone recommend a good "MS Word" compatible word processor? I'm currently using an older version of Docs-to-Go.

Thanks,
    Gary
    No Wordsmith. Sorry, but I don't use the Treo for that, so have no good sugestions.
    It's funny because, for all the research I had done on the Treo, I still thought it came with Wordsmith. It doesn't help that the photo on the Treo300 box shows Wordsmith as one of the apps on the launcher page. Granted they were showing what "could" be installed, but it would have been better to show what is on it naturally (or at least put a little disclaimer right under the picture that software is not included).
    Originally posted by mpk65281
    It doesn't help that the photo on the Treo300 box shows Wordsmith as one of the apps on the launcher page.
    This is similar to the ads for the 300 (check out the example on the Handspring front page) showing a colorful Ebay logo on the web browser. Out of the box that browsing experience is not possible. It appears the marketing department got creative with screenshots.
    You get Wordsmith with Treo 90 only.

I just loaded the Ebay site and it does indeed do a browser check to push you to the wap style page. You can go to many local country ebay sites and get to sites that look exactly like the illustration though - e.g. members.ebay.co.uk
    I use QuickWord, by Cutting Edge Software. You can get it at Handango.com. I think it was $20. Im very happy with it. I didnt think WordSmith is worth what they want for it, since its nearly the price of full blown MS Word. (yes I know it has a ton of features that quickword doesnt have, but Ill never use them) You can check out the demo for 8 days, I think. Fully *.doc compatable.