Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    UPS just delivered my Plantronics M1500-N1 (include that N1 because that's the one that works with Treo 300) Bluetooth headset. Pretty cool so far, but I have been getting funny looks from folks who think I am talking to myself! I am still playing with the earpiece to see what works best for me, but so far it has sounds good. It's kinda pricey for getting rid of the thin wire but it is definitely cool for those who like to be on the bleeding edge...

More info here:

http://www.plantronics.com/north_ame...Id=prod4740012
    How does it work since Treo is not bluetooth enabled?
    Originally posted by msetzer
    How does it work since Treo is not bluetooth enabled?
    It has a transmitter that plugs into the standard headphone jack on your Treo.
    Originally posted by luvmytreo
    UPS just delivered my Plantronics M1500-N1 (include that N1 because that's the one that works with Treo 300) Bluetooth headset. Pretty cool so far, but I have been getting funny looks from folks who think I am talking to myself! I am still playing with the earpiece to see what works best for me, but so far it has sounds good. It's kinda pricey for getting rid of the thin wire but it is definitely cool for those who like to be on the bleeding edge...

More info here:

How much did you pay?
    The link sez $250.....that is a bit pricey!
    doh!
    Originally posted by luvmytreo

More info here:

The Jabra is much better. I sent my Plantronics back in favor of the Jabra.
  8.    #8  
    Originally posted by nospleen

How much did you pay?
    I paid $199 at www.headsetzone.com.
    Originally posted by thegman

The Jabra is much better. I sent my Plantronics back in favor of the Jabra.
    thegman:
    1. Why is the Jabra better than the Plantronics?
    2. Can you advice exactly which model of the Jabra will work with the Treo?
    Thanks.
    Originally posted by LinJS

thegman:
    1. Why is the Jabra better than the Plantronics?
    2. Can you advice exactly which model of the Jabra will work with the Treo?
    Thanks.
    First, the Plantronics is bulky and does not sit well on your ear. Second, the ear piece allows to much background noise to interfere with regular operation. You find yourself adjusting the volume up and down constantly. Lastly, the boom is stupid.

The Jabra does not have those issues and is solid. After awhile you don't even know you have it on.

The model you want it the one for Nokia phones.
    Originally posted by thegman

First, the Plantronics is bulky and does not sit well on your ear. Second, the ear piece allows to much background noise to interfere with regular operation. You find yourself adjusting the volume up and down constantly. Lastly, the boom is stupid.

The Jabra does not have those issues and is solid. After awhile you don't even know you have it on.

The model you want it the one for Nokia phones.
    thegman:
    Thanks for the advice.
    I checked www.cellular4sale.com.
    There are 2 Nokia models of the Jabra FreeSpeak:
    One for Nokia 5100/6100/3285/7100,
    One for Nokia 8800/6360/3300/8200.
    I suppose the model for Treo is the one for Nokia 8800/6360/3300/8200?
    Thanks again.
    Originally posted by LinJS

thegman:
    Thanks for the advice.
    I checked www.cellular4sale.com.
    There are 2 Nokia models of the Jabra FreeSpeak:
    One for Nokia 5100/6100/3285/7100,
    One for Nokia 8800/6360/3300/8200.
    I suppose the model for Treo is the one for Nokia 8800/6360/3300/8200?
    Thanks again.
    Correct, the one for the 8800/3300.
  13.    #13  
    After working with the Plantronics a few days, I would have to concur with thegman. Another problem was that you needed to answer an incoming call via the Treo, meaning you have to open the lid! Simply pressing the button on the headset did not answer the call. On the Jabra, I believe you can answer calls without ever touching the Treo.

I am returning the M1500-N1 and have a Freespeak arriving tomorrow!
    Is the freespeak wireless? Looks like there is still a wire that connects it to the Treo
    The headset is wireless between the adapter that plugs into the Treo.
    This is availble at ebay using Buy it Now for 140.00

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=1393575234
    Be careful with this one!
    Looks like the standard universal 2.5 set and not the one for NOKIA phones!!!!
    This one will not work properly with the Treo.

Just a word of advice!!!
    Sorry for the mistake and thanks for saving me on this one.
    HelloDirect.com (www.hellodirect.com) sent me an email for the Jabra. You can pre-order it for $179.00. Said that it'll be shipped out in November. Here's the link, if anyone is interested...

http://www.hellodirect.com/catalog/P...6&PRODID=17301
    millerhifi - Could you explain again the wireless/corded part of the Jabra? I can't picture the setup...
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast