Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 104
  1. jnjewlz's Avatar
    Posts
    115 Posts
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    #81  
    Just got my Headset from 6ave. (thanks for the link!) I can't believe how easy it is. Rolling through the airport with no encumberances! I can answer and end calls from the headset (thanks for the other link)!

    I Plugged it in to my BellSouth 900MHz home phone and it works with it too (if you just barely push it in)

    Has anyone got it to successfully work with call waiting, voice command or other hardware?

    Thanks,
    Joseph

    BTW, Millerhifi, I took your advice on Powerjog and love it. I prefer Eudora's email (not the browser) because it was a little more versatile. Maybe 2banywhere will expand their features when the release the "real" version. - you da man
    Visor Deluxe, Treo 90, 300, 650, 700P, 700WX, Blackberry 8830 - Sprint
    Realtor - Communications Consultant
  2. #82  
    Originally posted by mansouan

    When I now try to place calls without the headset, I cannot do it. There is something happening that makes my Treo still think that a headset is plugged in and it therefore is not sending any sound to the built in earpiece.

    Am I missing something?

    Thanks in advance,
    Tony
    Do me mean that after unplugging the freespeak adapter from your treo you cannot make a normal call?
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
  3. #83  
    Originally posted by millerhifi


    Do me mean that after unplugging the freespeak adapter from your treo you cannot make a normal call?
    millerhifi,

    Yes, that's correct, when I want to place or receive a call without the adapter plugged in (just using the Treo the way Dubinski created it), I can no longer do so. I should have also mentioned that it is a Treo 300.

    I have tried soft resets to no avail. I will try a hard reset once it recharges in a couple of hours.

    Thanks,
    Tony
  4. #84  
    Well, after a couple more phone calls using the BT headset, I unplugged the adapter and now the phone is working standalone again. Very odd. Even the speakerphone option was being ommitted by the OS when I didn't have the adapter plugged in. Anyone else get this intermittent problem?



    Originally posted by mansouan


    millerhifi,

    Yes, that's correct, when I want to place or receive a call without the adapter plugged in (just using the Treo the way Dubinski created it), I can no longer do so. I should have also mentioned that it is a Treo 300.

    I have tried soft resets to no avail. I will try a hard reset once it recharges in a couple of hours.

    Thanks,
    Tony
  5. #85  
    It sounds like the contacts in your Treo for the headphone where "stuck" in a position that made the Treo think there was something plugged in. If the Treo thinks there is a headphone plugged in, then it will disable the speakerphone option. Just a sticky contact then perhaps?
  6. #86  
    Originally posted by Bryan Nystrom
    It sounds like the contacts in your Treo for the headphone where "stuck" in a position that made the Treo think there was something plugged in. If the Treo thinks there is a headphone plugged in, then it will disable the speakerphone option. Just a sticky contact then perhaps?
    That might have been the case though it was difficult to tell when I looked inside the adapter socket with my naked eye. If the problem rears its ugly head again I'll test the theory by inserting and removing the adapter a few times. For now though everything is working well. Thanks for venturing a guess!

    -Tony
  7. #87  
    Originally posted by jnjewlz
    Just got my Headset from 6ave. (thanks for the link!) I can't believe how easy it is. Rolling through the airport with no encumberances! I can answer and end calls from the headset (thanks for the other link)!

    I Plugged it in to my BellSouth 900MHz home phone and it works with it too (if you just barely push it in)

    Has anyone got it to successfully work with call waiting, voice command or other hardware?

    Thanks,
    Joseph

    BTW, Millerhifi, I took your advice on Powerjog and love it. I prefer Eudora's email (not the browser) because it was a little more versatile. Maybe 2banywhere will expand their features when the release the "real" version. - you da man
    I'm confused about this device. My friend said he looked at one that would work with the Treo 300 and he said that [list=1][*]the part that plugs into the Treo is huge[*]the part that plugged into the Treo had to also be plugged into an AC jack[*]the ear part was also huge[*]and that a cord ran from the headset to the Treo, defeating the purpose[/list=1] I'm sure this can't be the case, but there are no good pictures on the store's site. I wish someone would take some pictures of this thing for us, showing what the Treo looks like after the phone part is connected, the earpiece, and verifying that there is no cord. The funny thing is that there is a wire on the picture of the device on the store's website, despite it being called wireless. Thanks for any insight.
  8. #88  
    The adapter that plugs into the Treo is about 2" in diameter and about 3/4" thick. It is also the charger for the earpiece. The only time it has to be plugged into AC is for charging. There is no wire connecting the earpiece to the adapter, otherwise it wouldn't be wireless!
    I put velcro on the back of the adapter and attach it to the Brookstone case I carry the Treo in.
    The earpiece does look larger than some others, but it is smaller than most earpieces that have a boom mic.
    Zane
  9. #89  
    I bought the version labeled "For Nokia and HandSpring Treo 300". Still trying to learn how to use it.

    I followed the instructions to change the default so I could answer via the headset. I seem to be missing something on when to push the answer/end button and when not to.

    To hang up you push the button and it hangs up, but are you supposed to push it again immediatly to put it back in receive mode? It seems that I am doing something that causes me to hang up on calls that come after the first call rather than answer them.

    What's the button pushing seqeunce with answering/ending via the ear piece consistently?
  10. #90  
    One quick press on the headset button will end the call. The headset will then be back in standbye mode (light will flash every couple of secs). If you press the headset button and hold it down for 3-4 secs you'll hear a descending tone which is turning off the headset and if you repeat that step you'll hear an ascending tone which puts the headset back into standbye.
    Read the manual and it will all make sense.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
  11. #91  
    Originally posted by millerhifi
    Read the manual and it will all make sense.
    Thanks. I already read all the docs that came with it and docs on the Jabra site.

    The docs indicate that not all features work the same across different phone types. I don't see specific information on what works with the Treo 300, what doesn't and what's different. Does anyone have this info?
  12. #92  
    I have got and tried both of these headsets a by for the Jabra BT200 FreeSpeak for the Treo 300 is the best.


    Plantronics
    Reason not to get

    1. You can not answer a call with this headset.
    2. You can not disconnect a call with this headset.
    3. If you do not click the headset off the battery drains fast.
    4. With it on your ear you can not tell it is in standby mode.
    5. I have tried to get support on this headset with Plantronics and did not get an answer.

    Jabra
    Reason not to get
    1. I do not know of any
  13. #93  
    Is the current Jabra Freespeak Treo 600 Compatible? Are the jacks the same to the Treo 300 and Treo 600?

    Is the Treo 600 going to have Bluetooth?
  14. jnjewlz's Avatar
    Posts
    115 Posts
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    #94  
    Originally posted by manorton
    Is the current Jabra Freespeak Treo 600 Compatible? Are the jacks the same to the Treo 300 and Treo 600?

    Is the Treo 600 going to have Bluetooth?
    See:

    6/25 - 4:04pm - Stickman's commenthttp://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...&pagenumber=15
    Visor Deluxe, Treo 90, 300, 650, 700P, 700WX, Blackberry 8830 - Sprint
    Realtor - Communications Consultant
  15. #95  
    Ok, so the first 600 isn't going to have BlueTooth but it'll support expansion cards. So with the BlueTooth expansion card I'll be able to dump the big adapter jack.

    Originally posted by jnjewlz


    See:

    6/25 - 4:04pm - Stickman's commenthttp://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...&pagenumber=15
  16. #96  
    Originally posted by manorton
    Ok, so the first 600 isn't going to have BlueTooth but it'll support expansion cards. So with the BlueTooth expansion card I'll be able to dump the big adapter jack.

    Not necessarily. First, that card doesn't have OS5 drivers yet, and second, there is no guarantee that the voice feature will work with Bluetooth. Those are going to need modified drivers for sure.
  17. #97  
    That will hold me up from getting a 600 for a while. I'll wait until there's a BlueTooth solution or I have to replace my 300.


    Originally posted by KRamsauer
    Not necessarily. First, that card doesn't have OS5 drivers yet, and second, there is no guarantee that the voice feature will work with Bluetooth. Those are going to need modified drivers for sure.
  18. #98  
    Originally posted by jnjewlz
    Any body seen a better deal on the Jabra this one for $115?
    http://www.bluetoothdirect.com/product/JABRANOKIAWWW
    100 days later and it's only dropped 15% ($98). I though by now it would have dropped to about $50-60 so I could justify it.

    (http://bluetoothdirect.com/product/JABRANOKIAWWW)

    And the T600 is wireless-less(?) so my T300 will do for a while.

    Any better Jabra FreeSpeak deals out there?
    For fun & profit & Christ,
    TWF in Chicago
  19. #99  
    So are the jacks the same or not? I've got the Jabra, and I'd love to be able to use it with a 600. I'm considering taking advantage of the $399 upgrade offered this month.
  20. #100  
    Nope, the jack is different now. It's a standard 3 conductor 2.5 Universal jack unlike the 4 conductor Nokia type jack for the 300.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions