Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1.    #61  
    Has anyone been able to use the Jabra with Ringo? I want to give Ringo a try but still want to answer my calls via the TALK button on the earpiece.
    Hey folks:

This Jabra bluetooth earphone seems neat but I would like to hear how you are using it in daily life. Please share your real life examples which made this a no-brainer for you to purchase. Or did you buy it first and then discovered an even better use after you used it for awhile?

Bottom line is I can't come up with a real reason to buy this thing yet. I plead guilty that I am one of those gadget people but with age I have become one that needs a reason to buy now. But if you hit a nerve with one of those ideas your gonna share, you know I will buy one.

Thanks in advance
    Rees
    It's wireless!
    To expand on millerhifi, if you routinely carry a briefcase, laptop bag, etc., you'll love this thing. You'll be able to get one more thing off your belt as you run through the airport.

That's my reasoning, at least. No, I haven't bought one yet. Still too expensive. (Yeah, I know I paid a lot for my 270, but it's still a lot of money.) Christmas is just around the corner though...
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    I found a pretty good deal on a plantronics like the one mentioned above. Paid ~$165 in a telephone store outside the Park Place E subway stop in NYC.

People give me some strange looks too, but its started quite a few conversations! I velcro'd the transmitter to the lower right hand corner of my front cover, and wrapped the pigtail cable around the antenna...I should post a picture...

The headset combined with fingerstylus makes a pretty tight integration between man and machine...

Next is the cochlear implant with a Class C IP Address!
  6.    #66  
    Originally posted by ReesR
    Hey folks:

This Jabra bluetooth earphone seems neat but I would like to hear how you are using it in daily life. Please share your real life examples which made this a no-brainer for you to purchase. Or did you buy it first and then discovered an even better use after you used it for awhile?
    I find myself using the Jabra more often in two situations. When I am in my car (I actually do not call while driving but do answer calls and make it short). I also use it when I am in my office and set the Treo in the cradle in front of me (the cord used to get in the way of my keyboard in the past).

Walking down the street, I find it more clumsy to have the Jabra to make calls, but I think taking calls is not bad.

Good luck and I hope Santa is good to you this year!
    Hi Everyone,

Couldn't get Freespeak to answer calls until I deleted Ringo. If you can't answer calls (freespeak hangs up instead of answering) after following the 12 second stylus instructions, delete Ringo and it works. I guess I need to find an alternative to Ringo. Which one do you like? I just want to add pictures to incoming calls and use different ringtones.

Thanks......George
  8.    #68  
    Originally posted by gpabon
    Hi Everyone,

Couldn't get Freespeak to answer calls until I deleted Ringo. If you can't answer calls (freespeak hangs up instead of answering) after following the 12 second stylus instructions, delete Ringo and it works. I guess I need to find an alternative to Ringo. Which one do you like? I just want to add pictures to incoming calls and use different ringtones.

Thanks......George
    George, I found that Ringo does indeed cause the Freespeak to hang-up on your incoming call when pressing the TALK button. There is a beta of TC Ringer for Treo300 that works with the Freespeak. Do a search on it on this board...

Eug
    I've read a few post about people stating they answer calls with wired headsets. They don't have a 300, do they? I and many others on other threads have searched long and hard for a hack to do this. Please explain how you're doing this.
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by luvmytreo
    [B]After working with the Plantronics a few days, I would have to concur with thegman. Another problem was that you needed to answer an incoming call via the Treo, meaning you have to open the lid! Simply pressing the button on the headset did not answer the call. On the Jabra, I believe you can answer calls without ever touching the Treo.

You cannot answer or hangup calls using the button on the bluetooth earpiece. I have tried both the Jabra and Plantronics.
    I also spoke to reps of both companies at the Consumer Electronics Show in January. It is, as mentioned previously, a 2 step process. There is no way around it- hookswitch operation is not part of the bluetooth spec when you are using an adaptor.

I suspect that other bluetooth (built-in) phones work as you want since it is integral with the phone.
    You're absolutely wrong dude! I don't know who you spoke with at CES.........
    I answer and hang up calls all day long by pressing the phone button on my freespeak headset!
    You do indeed have to program that feature as it doesn't come out of the box in that configuration!
    Originally posted by millerhifi
    You're absolutely wrong dude! I don't know who you spoke with at CES.........
    I answer and hang up calls all day long by pressing the phone button on my freespeak headset!
    You do indeed have to program that feature as it doesn't come out of the box in that configuration!
    I never heard that you could do the answer/hangup with the Jabra until a few minutes ago when i was directed to Jabra's site for the possible solution. I am more than happy to admit my error, as I want this feature for myself. I wonder if this might be a feature change on more recent versions of the headset. I just wrote tech support at Jabra to ask then that question.

Thanks
    It's always been a feature of the Freespeak! It's not in the owners manual for whatever reason I'm not sure. Unless you go to the support site at Jabra.com you wouldn't necessarily know about it!
    If you look closely the Treo 2.5 plug has 3 lines vs 2 lines (most other plugs) ... but if you go to Seido.com .. they sell an adaptor that makes the 2.5 (2 band) plug work .. or so they claim.

Regarding the Jabra ear jels .. I used to have a Nokia6100 (it stopped working .. thats why I now have the Treo) .. anyway, I was using the ear-jells w/my Nokia headset .. I just pushed the ear-jell onto the earpiece of the Treo and it works fine.

Now my question .. I've been looking at other ear-sets or head-sets .. for those of you that wear glasses .. how does it work out w/those over-the ear cuffs??
    Originally posted by inqui-Z-tor
    If you look closely the Treo 2.5 plug has 3 lines vs 2 lines (most other plugs) ... but if you go to Seido.com .. they sell an adaptor that makes the 2.5 (2 band) plug work .. or so they claim
    Just buy the Jabra freespeak "Nokia phones"..............
    Please excuse my bluetooth ignorance, but will you be able to use the Jabra adapter with other bluetooth headsets?

After looking at some of the upcoming headsets on www.bluetoothdirect.com I know I am going to want to upgrade!
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Any body seen a better deal on the Jabra this one for $115?
    http://www.bluetoothdirect.com/product/JABRANOKIAWWW
    Visor Deluxe, Treo 90, 300, 650, 700P, 700WX, Blackberry 8830 - Sprint
    Realtor - Communications Consultant
    That would be the lowest price that I've ever seen it for!
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    I picked one up on Sunday for $112.22 at 6th Ave Electronics in New Jersey.

6 Ave Electronics

Site seems to be asleep at present but they have email at: sales@6ave.com

Kind of interesting, but the box now says "for Nokia and Treo" on the front.

Works great, by the way.

JT
    Absolutely love the Freespeak: Took a 1.5 hour conference call from the train on my way to San Diego from LA the other day and this headset was even better than I imagined it would be.

One question though...

When I now try to place calls without the headset, I cannot do it. There is something happening that makes my Treo still think that a headset is plugged in and it therefore is not sending any sound to the built in earpiece.

Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance,
    Tony
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast