Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 104
  1. #41  
    I located a GPRS 1.1 patch on the Handspring website, but it does not specify if this works for the Treo 300. Is this the right patch to use?
    Sean
  2.    #42  
    Originally posted by nrosser
    I'm just curious about the ear portion - for those of you who have this beast, how does the part that goes on your ear feel? Is it balanced correctly? Feel good?
    I am bespectacled and I was a bit concerned about the "behind the ear thing", but the Freespeak feels great.
  3. #43  
    Originally posted by csunracer
    I located a GPRS 1.1 patch on the Handspring website, but it does not specify if this works for the Treo 300. Is this the right patch to use?
    Sean
    This patch is not intended for the Treo 300 only the 180 and 270.
    The patch that was suggested by thegman is not available on HS's support pages and I'm not even sure if it's necessary for the 300 but if you send me a Private message with your email address I will send it to you.

    Greg
  4. #44  
    Well i tried to install the patch that was emailed to me, reinstalled ringo again, and still no luck. I am unable to answer any phone calls with either the freespeak or the wired headset when ringo is installed on my treo.
  5. #45  
    Hate to suggest this, but you might try hard resetting the treo so that you working with a defaulted unit with no other software installed. Try the freespeak to see if it works okay, if so, install just ringo and see if that screws it up.

    Don't forget to hot sync before the hard reset and move the back-up folder to your desktop or at least make a back up first.
  6. #46  
    Treo 300 Headset
    I understand Jabra is the best one? The free speak?
    What is the exact model number of the best one that will work with the TREO 300?

    I want awesome sound, to be able to hear in a convertible with the top down. I also like not having to open the lid for anything.
    I heard Jabra is the best? What is the exact model number for the best one?

  7.    #47  
    Originally posted by snippie
    Treo 300 Headset
    I heard Jabra is the best? What is the exact model number for the best one?

    Here is the one I bought from Mobile Planet which was the online retailer connected to the Jabra website:

    http://www.mobileplanet.com/private/...1081&listing=1

    It looks like the Mfg # is 100-91430000-02 but it is called Jabra FreeSpeak Bluetooth for Nokia. I think it will work well in your convertible.
  8. lesarrow's Avatar
    Posts
    12 Posts
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    #48  
    Bought a Jabra today. Fry's Electronics was selling them at 149.99.

    I can't get auto answer to work. Every time I press the answer/end button, it ALWAYS hangs up the call. So for instance, if I call from my home phone and I press the answer button to answer it, it hangs up on my home phone instead.

    Any ideas? Haven't spent time at the jabra support site yet, but that's where I'll head next.

    --Les
  9.    #49  
    Originally posted by lesarrow
    Bought a Jabra today. Fry's Electronics was selling them at 149.99.

    I can't get auto answer to work. Every time I press the answer/end button, it ALWAYS hangs up the call. So for instance, if I call from my home phone and I press the answer button to answer it, it hangs up on my home phone instead.

    Any ideas? Haven't spent time at the jabra support site yet, but that's where I'll head next.

    --Les
    Did you follow these directions found on their website:

    http://www.jabra.com/fscs/NBFreeSpea...dFeatures.html

    After I did this, I was able to answer the incoming calls with the TALK button on the headset of the Freespeak.
  10. lesarrow's Avatar
    Posts
    12 Posts
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    #50  
    Originally posted by luvmytreo


    Did you follow these directions found on their website:

    http://www.jabra.com/fscs/NBFreeSpea...dFeatures.html

    After I did this, I was able to answer the incoming calls with the TALK button on the headset of the Freespeak.
    Yes, I sure did. The button on the headset hangs up only. But I don't think it's a problem necessarily with the jabra because I am having the same trouble often with the headset that came with the treo. The button 8 out of 10 times just seems to hang up the phone.

    --Les
  11. #51  
    Les,

    Are you using a treo 300?
  12. lesarrow's Avatar
    Posts
    12 Posts
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    #52  
    Originally posted by millerhifi
    Les,

    Are you using a treo 300?
    Yes. Now almost 1 week old.

    --Les (who **loves** when his friends' pictures show up on caller id)
  13. #53  
    I was just trying to figure out why your phone hangs up even with the headset that came with the treo.
    I assumed you were using a 300 but thought I would ask as there can be this behaviour with a 270 (hangs up caller w/treo haedset).
  14. lesarrow's Avatar
    Posts
    12 Posts
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    #54  
    Originally posted by millerhifi
    I was just trying to figure out why your phone hangs up even with the headset that came with the treo.
    I assumed you were using a 300 but thought I would ask as there can be this behaviour with a 270 (hangs up caller w/treo haedset).
    At first I thought I was just holding the button down too long. But after further trials, that doesn't seem to be the case.
  15. #55  
    Hi,

    I just ordered my 300 yesterday and am extremely interested in the Jabra Bluetooth headset. Isn't there bluetooth software based on the palm OS that can be installed on the 300 so you don't have to use the wireless adapter model?

    Thanks from a newbie...
  16. #56  
    Welcome to TC!
    The treo does not support bluetooth natively and cannot be upgrade to support it unfortunately.
  17. Q
    Q is offline
    Q's Avatar
    Posts
    686 Posts
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    #57  
    Originally posted by C5 Dream
    Isn't there bluetooth software based on the palm OS that can be installed on the 300 so you don't have to use the wireless adapter model?
    To clarify further, Bluetooth requires hardware, not just software. The 300 doesn't have anywhere (internally) to connect an onboard module.

    What we'll see in the next Treo model is still a matter of some debate. Most people agree that it will include an SD slot (Handspring would be most unlikely to include that in the 90, then drop it, unless there was some compelling reason--which no one has articulated); this would support Bluetooth expansion cards the way the 90 and other Palm OS handhelds do now. Some people are clamoring for onboard Bluetooth like the Palm Tungsten T, but others feel that would raise the cost too much.
  18. #58  
    Thanks for the update guys...

    By the way I found that Verizon wireless has the one with the adapter plug for $149.95 and $124.50 at the link below...
    http://aboutwireless.zoovy.com/product/JABRANOKIAWWW

    I'm ordering today.
    George
  19. #59  
    Their www site is actually www.bluetoothdirect.com This may be easier to remember. I have orderd 2 from them so far they are FAST and AMAZING PRICES!
  20. #60  
    Originally posted by enyce
    Their www site is actually www.bluetoothdirect.com This may be easier to remember. I have orderd 2 from them so far they are FAST and AMAZING PRICES!
    thanks for the tip - I just ordered it.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions