Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    The adapter has a coiled wire that plugs into the headset jack on the Treo. It's about 6 inches long. This adapter also acts as a holder/case and recharger for the headset when not in use. The headset is completley wireless. It communicates to the adapter via bluetooth.
    Does this help?

Greg
    Is this the correct one for the Treo?

http://www.hellodirect.com/catalog/P...6&PRODID=16809

It looks very cool.
    -Yvonne
    Yes, that's the right one!
    It's very cool!
    has anyone fiqured a way to attach the adapter to the treo when using the freespeak headset. did anyone modify a case.

fred
    hi,

can you use the BT kit and the adapter to connect to other BT devices besides the headset? It would be way cool if you could connect via BT your treo and your laptop or say another pda like the TT!!
    Last edited by Gaurav; 11/12/2002 at 04:08 AM.
  6.    #26  
    Originally posted by fkpalm
    has anyone fiqured a way to attach the adapter to the treo when using the freespeak headset. did anyone modify a case?
    In my office where I have my charging stand, I put velcro on the left side of the charging stand and the belt clip that comes as an attachment for the Freespeak multi-adapter. The multi-adapter acts as a headset stand and charger and transmitter.

In my minivan, I also placed another velcro strip to the left of the Proclip holder (highly recommended) and attach the Freespeak multi-adapter to it.

Walking around, I have used two methods:

1) Use the Freespeak multi-adapter belt clip next to the Treo belt clip holster. This works fine because you can see the incoming calls, although you still have to open the lid to answer the calls. Simply pressing the TALK button on the Freespeak headset will not answer the call (it only makes connection between the headset and the multi-adapter). Fashion-wise, you start getting that "Batman" effect - you know, way too many devices on your "utility Bat Belt".

2) Using the INCASE holster, I have placed the multi-adapter in that mesh pocket in the back where the earbud headset typically goes. Downside is that the holster sticks out almost another inch.
    Originally posted by luvmytreo
    [B
    1) Use the Freespeak multi-adapter belt clip next to the Treo belt clip holster. This works fine because you can see the incoming calls, although you still have to open the lid to answer the calls. Simply pressing the TALK button on the Freespeak headset will not answer the call (it only makes connection between the headset and the multi-adapter). Fashion-wise, you start getting that "Batman" effect - you know, way too many devices on your "utility Bat Belt". [/B]
    The headset can be configured to answer/end calls see the following link:

http://www.jabra.com/fscs/NBFreeSpea...dFeatures.html
    Has anyone be able to successfully configure this?
    Originally posted by smithj41
    Has anyone be able to successfully configure this?
    Yes, we have 8 of them working just fine between 300's and 270's.
  10.    #30  
    Originally posted by millerhifi

http://www.jabra.com/fscs/NBFreeSpea...dFeatures.html
    Millerhifi, thanks a bunch for this tip. I was able to configure the answer call feature. This was the only shortfall I found in the Freespeak. Thanks again!
    I don't know why they didn't include it in the manual? Unless you go to support @ jabra's web site, you would never know!
    This works for the treo but for some reason it has a rather long delay (I know it takes a couple of seconds to establish a link with the adapter) but it clicks and the screen goes from showing the incoming call info to the speed dial screen and than it sounds and looks like it's going to disconnect the caller, and than it answers and the screen goes back to the callers info etc...
    Ending a call works perfectly, 1 click on the headset and the call ends without any noises.

thegman do you expereince this behavior?

Greg
    thegman do you expereince this behavior?

Greg
    Sometimes yes, and sometimes no. The delay in acqusition of the base can be caused by factors such as other devices like 802.11 or Super 2.4GHz phones causing interference.

I found the after going through the "mating" process a few times, the problem has seemed to go away. Mating changes the frequency and polling sync so give it a try.
    Thanks,
    I'll have to try re-pairing the 2 pieces a few times to see if it changes.

Greg
    I'm just curious about the ear portion - for those of you who have this beast, how does the part that goes on your ear feel? Is it balanced correctly? Feel good? I've used about a thousand different ear buds, headsets, etc blah blah and I always end up back with ear buds, since they are the least painful, over time. Also they're most likely to remain in the ear, and not flop around like most headsets (and if they don't flop, they clamp onto your ear like a dog on a bone - not good either way).

Just seeking some usability data from you early-adopters. Does it stay on reliably without inflicting major pain? I've used many different Jabras, and I didn't dig their original ear-gel thing; I see they have a new mini one, so maybe that's better as well.....
    Re: Re: Set-ups for Freespeak and Treo300

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.jabra.com/fscs/NBFreeSpe...edFeatures.html
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now i was able to configure this option on the headset, but I noticed that I am unable to answer an incoming call using the talk button. I configured it properly by holding down the button for 12 seconds and confirming that it had 4 flashes (to enable the function) but when testing it on an incoming call the talk button simply turns the headset onto active mode from standby. When in a conversation and I press the talk button, this hangs up the call so it seems to work to end a phone call, but not to answer one. Has anybody been able to actually answer a call by simply pressing te talk button on the headset? and if so...how?
    Well it looks as If i fixed the problem, the bad news is I had to get rid of Ringo to fix it. I noticed that when using ringo, i was unable to even use the wired headset to answer an incoming call, however the headset WOULD end the phone call. I deleted ringo, and both the wired headset and the Jabra freespeak worked like a charm. Now I've gained the ability to answer a phone call wireless using the bluetooth headset, but I've lost the ability to manage new ring tones. UGH!!!!! If anybody out there has a fix to this new and unique problem for those of us that have both the Jabra Freespeak and can't live without ringo..let us know
    Originally posted by nrosser
    Just seeking some usability data from you early-adopters. Does it stay on reliably without inflicting major pain? I've used many different Jabras, and I didn't dig their original ear-gel thing; I see they have a new mini one, so maybe that's better as well.....
    It feels great! In fact, most of the time I forget it is there, and walk from my office to the general bathroom with it on.

The ear-gel is ultra comfortable and does a excellent job in keeping out surrounding noise. The portion the goes over your ear is barely noticeable.

As a side note, I use my FreeSpeak with my office phone. The office phone is using a Plantronics kit from Hello Direcct. I simply sub'd the plantronics headset with the FreeSpeak setup. Two uses for the price of one!
    Originally posted by csunracer
    Well it looks as If i fixed the problem, the bad news is I had to get rid of Ringo to fix it. I noticed that when using ringo, i was unable to even use the wired headset to answer an incoming call, however the headset WOULD end the phone call. I deleted ringo, and both the wired headset and the Jabra freespeak worked like a charm. Now I've gained the ability to answer a phone call wireless using the bluetooth headset, but I've lost the ability to manage new ring tones. UGH!!!!! If anybody out there has a fix to this new and unique problem for those of us that have both the Jabra Freespeak and can't live without ringo..let us know
    I am using Ringo with the FreeSpeak and have no problems as you have described. Have you applied the headset patch from HandSpring as a measure?
    Thegman,

I have been all over the Handspring site and have had no luck locating the patch you describe. I have similar problems to those above as well as a "distortion" problem from the headset. I was hoping to see if the patch solved my problems.

Can you post a link?

Thanks!

L
    Lee Ladisky
    Hey Lee,
    pm me your email address and I'll send you a copy!
    It didn't really do anything for me, but I have the gprs upgrade and beleive that this patch was rolled into the upgrade....

Greg
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast