Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    HI,

I am using Power Jog, and something that I thought was a bit scary was the fact that you can launch "Activation" from this App. Do not get me wrong, I think that it is a great app, however, last night, I was playing with my Treo, half falling asleep. I saw Activation, didn't know what it was for, and selected it. Next thing I know, I am in Phone Activation. Woke up real quick, yanked out my stylus to hit Cancel.

Now, I didn't want to go any further, but if I did, could I have screwed up the the Phone Settings?

Thanks,

Glenn
    I'm going to try and make you feel better and say, "I really doubt it."

But of course that's just a glass-half-full outlook. I have no real facts to back it up.

But think of it this way, would Sprint REALLY put something on there that could hurt you? You shouldn't worry that the Activation program has no icon.

BTW, why don't you go ahead and push it again and tell us all what happens
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Thanks for the support! Unfortunately, I am not the man for the task. Anyone else up for it?

Also there is something in Power Jog called IOTA. Does anyone know what that is?

Thanks,

Glenn
    IOTA is used when you get an updated profile from Vision. I don't know what the "I" stands for but the "OTA" stands for over the air.
    -Gadgetpro
    Over the last 2 days I installed Hackmaster, Lazylauncher, Treohelper and a few other apps. Being new to the Treo 300 I saw this new app named IOTA in Lazylauncher and accidentally launched it and clicked yes to:

"Your network settings appear to be out of date or incomplete. Would you like to update your network settings now?"

It went on the air and did an update. I said "oh sh%t" and was going to pull the USB cable but fearing something worse will happen if I did that so didn't. It went through the update and afterwards everything seems normal other than connecting to the web feels quite a bit faster now. I am going to call Sprint to make sure my account is OK and nothing's been changed.