1.    #1  
    I also had that problem where I couldn't receive PCS Messages, I got the subscriber is not setup for this service error.

I called tech support and she added a $10 Messaging thing to my account and then creditted me $10 since for some reason it's not working with my account.

That means at the end of the month I gotta pay $10, and this only allows 50 SMS messages.

How come before vision my SMS was free (at least receiving was). I don't want to pay for this crap. So what's the deal, should it be on my account or not? Is it supposed to be unlimited receive and send or what?

I got treo300sms and it works fine for sending, but I don't know if I'm only allowed to send a certain amount or not.
    SMS messages are included in any vision plan. That means that the sms messages are counted as data. If you have unlimited PCS vision, then sending or receiving sms is no extra charge.

I hope I understood your question correctly.
  3.    #3  
    That's how I thought it worked, but damnit Sprint can't get it right and they had to add the functionality to my account. I'll call them again after lunch and get them to get it right.
    Originally posted by BrianV
    I also had that problem where I couldn't receive PCS Messages, I got the subscriber is not setup for this service error.
    I have this same problem. Spent about an hour on the phone with them last night. Finally the guy wrote up a ticket on it and said it will take 4 or 5 days. Not really sure they have a clue.
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    HI guys I am having this same problem. You any of you able to get it resolved? Everytime i get in touvh with a 3g WW tech rep, they tell me that the SMS system is down and that I will have to call back later.

By the way, they said that I would not receive any messages from http://messaging.sprintpcs.com, as it is 1-way , and treo will only receive 2-way messages. Well, the lady tonite said that the URL i jsut listed is text messaging, and Treo 300 does not support it. I don't know whether to believe or not.

Anyway, I e-mailed to my Treo, and no go. I also replied to a 2 way sms that i sent to my a500, and still didn't get anything.

I am thinking of changing my Vision username so it will redo my account.

Please let me know your outcome.
    Thanks,
    Glenn
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    I just got off the phone, with a trouble ticket as well. very annoying. did anything come about with you guys?
    Sprint tech support sure doesn't know the Treo. Messages sent to [phone #]@messaging.sprintpcs.com WILL come to the Treo. They do not come via 3G (i.e., Vision) and are not counted as data. Vision plans generally have unlimited short text messages, however. These messages are one-way only (you cannot reply).

If you want to test it out, disconnect your data connection and you will find that you still get the messages. As for messages from other phones, Sprint has been messed up in that area for a long time, though I seem to be able to get messages from other Sprint phones and from AT&T phones.
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Curtis,

unfortunately, they are not coming to phone in my case, and that is the problem. No one @ sprint has a clue as to how to fix.
    It simply amazes me how poorly Sprint has handled the Treo and the Vision rollout. The only reason they can stay in business, it seems, is that there are few other choices for those who need what the Treo 300 offers. Hang in there and keep pestering them -- every once in awhile you get a really good techie on the line.