1.    #1  
    How can I bring up the keyboard, I need to input an '_' character which is not on the keyboard.

I work at dell and we all use firstname_lastname@dell.com
    To type an _ press the blue key followed by the "F" that has the "-"sign above it than press "...O" which is right next to the space bar and it will drop down a list of other symbols, the first one it highlights is the _ and than press the space bar to select it..
    Read your Treo manuals.
  4.    #4  
    Originally posted by millerhifi
    To type an _ press the blue key followed by the "F" that has the "-"sign above it than press "...O" which is right next to the space bar and it will drop down a list of other symbols, the first one it highlights is the _ and than press the space bar to select it..
    Thanks!
  5.    #5  
    Originally posted by MobileDave
    Read your Treo manuals.
    At work don't have manual present, although I did read a lot of it already.
    I found a character table on hs's site a while back and printed it out. It's also in the user guide. Good thing to hang in your cube for reference.

I think the "alternate character" system on the keyboard is mostly intuitive -- i.e. the dash becomes an underscore, the letter Y becomes Yen, the exclamation point becomes an upside down exclamation point. There are some weird ones in there (why does the number sign become the equals sign?) but generally you can guess depending on which key it sits behind.

Here's the table:

http://support.handspring.com/esuppo...olutionId=7712
    thanks to the guy who posted the link to the character table. I for one am very clumsy when it comes to computers. I can read instructions and still have a hard time. When a guy asks a question and another guy answers with "read the manual" that is BS in my opinion. trying to find things in the SPrint TREO manual is not easy. When you do find what you think you are looking for it doesnt always make sense. Thanks again to the patient souls who make life easier for guys like me.

John S.
  8. Q
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    Originally posted by Bbonnn
    I found a character table on hs's site a while back and printed it out. It's also in the user guide. Good thing to hang in your cube for reference.

I think the "alternate character" system on the keyboard is mostly intuitive -- i.e. the dash becomes an underscore, the letter Y becomes Yen, the exclamation point becomes an upside down exclamation point. There are some weird ones in there (why does the number sign become the equals sign?) but generally you can guess depending on which key it sits behind.
    # to =... my guess is that = is usually used in math... involving numbers! (If anyone has a better explanation, go for it.)

Re the table--is there a version available for on the Treo? Having it on a wall is great if you're there, but something for "field reference" seems like a must to me!