1.    #1  
    Hey everyone,

Just wanted to share my experience in obtaining a Treo. I wanted to take advantage of the Amazon rebate but was told I couldn't because I already use SprintPCS. So I asked them if I would have any costs associated with getting out of my current contract if I wanted to get the Treo for another carrier, and they asked why I would want to cancel. I told them I really wanted this new phone but that the rebate was only for new phone numbers. They asked what phone, what was the rebate. I told them, and they asked me to hold for a minute.

The guy comes back and tells me that they can go ahead and give me a $200 credit on my account if I order the Treo from them and sign a 2-year service agreement, any plan.

I've been with Sprint for about 4 years now and have always paid on time, etc. Don't underestimate what you can get Sprint to give you if you have good credit with them and threaten to cancel.

Hope that others can take advantage of this. I'm sure you'd have to play it like you were really going to cancel your service, but it's worth a try.

-KBD
    KellyBD

Did you also get the $50 rebate from Sprint PCS by chance?
    Best Buy has the Treo for $379 here in Pittsburgh. I think that is for everybody, not just new customers. New customers could get an additional $50 off.
  4.    #4  
    Nah, I forgot to ask for that too. Not sure if they would've given it to me. I was just happy to be able to keep my phone number and get on the new Vision plan.