1.    #1  
    Hi everyone,

So I'm wondering if anyone else out there uses Linux on their desktop and has tried to get their Treo 300 to sync to a Linux machine?

I know people have gotten Visor's with USB connections to sync to Linux machines. Anyone have any luck with the Treo and Linux?

Thanks,
    Josh
    Yup, I got mine to sync, but only by buying a serial sync cable. The Linux USB drivers just aren't up to the task yet (including the Visor drivers).
    P.S.: I use JPilot, and it works fine.
    Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball...
    The latest version of gnome-pilot works with the Treos. See this linkl for more info. Also, you can get the latest Treo-compatible version at Gnome.org. Hope this helps! - Justin

Originally posted by joshuajestelle
    Hi everyone,

So I'm wondering if anyone else out there uses Linux on their desktop and has tried to get their Treo 300 to sync to a Linux machine?

I know people have gotten Visor's with USB connections to sync to Linux machines. Anyone have any luck with the Treo and Linux?

Thanks,
    Josh
    I've gotten my Treo 300 to sync under Linux, using the USB cable. You had to use some experimental drivers that break support for other USB serial devices. Additionally it's for the 2.4.9 kernel only. (not that it couldn't be made to work with others, but it won't compile cleanly by default).

Eventually it'll be included in the mainstream kernel, but who knows when that'll be.