1.    #1  
    After 2 weeks, Sprint finally has my SprintPCS POP account up and running. Now, I want to forward my office email to that address, but I'm hitting snags. We use Groupwise, and I'm getting the following quirks when I use a rule to send to the Sprint account:

1. Eudora - When pulling down messages with the Eurdora email reader, I get the full text of the forwarded messages, but no attachments. Some attachments I'd like to read on the Treo via Docs to Go or another reader.

2. Snapper - I installed (and paid for) SnapperMail after rave reviews on this forum. While Snapper does pull down any attachments to the forwarded messages, it strips out and does not send through the actual body of the original message.

I know that I can use both programs back and forth to get things, but that's clunky. Can anyone suggest a fix?
    Why are you forwarding from Groupwise? Why not just access your GroupWise inbox using POP3? My firm also uses GroupWise (ver 5.5), and I simply set up my email client to access my email at the POP3 address assigned to GroupWise.
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Eudora doesn't handle attachments. It will tell you the name of the attachment, but you can't download it, read it or forward it. As you state, Snappermail can do attachments.

Jeff
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    I am a teacher and our school uses Groupwise also, version 6.02. I have tried and tried to access my email account via pop3 email and I don't think it is possible unless maybe your IT department has set up seperate pop3 email. My Groupwise email address is rkoopman@flintschools.org. If you can explain to me how to access that acount via pop3 email I would be greatful.
    Originally posted by macfan
    I am a teacher and our school uses Groupwise also, version 6.02. I have tried and tried to access my email account via pop3 email and I don't think it is possible unless maybe your IT department has set up seperate pop3 email. My Groupwise email address is rkoopman@flintschools.org. If you can explain to me how to access that acount via pop3 email I would be greatful.
    POP is probably not an open port through the firewall.
    Therefore you can't reach it from outside.

Forwarding is the right thing for you to do.