Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1.    #1  
    I just noticed today that when I receive an SMS message, it no longer shows the sender information (From). Instead, it just shows 'No Caller ID'. So I just shoot myself an email from my Outlook at work to my phone number @messaging.sprintpcs.com. Same thing, I'm only getting the subject and body of the message, but the From field shows No caller ID.

    Any one else experience this problem currently??
  2. #2  
    An SMS which comes from the MO-SMS server - this is the server used by the pddaapps sms application - may not be addressed in the same way as a regular sms. Perhaps this is the problem - the sender is not being identified by the original number but by the intermediate sending server. This is quite common with GSM SMS when receiving an SMS from an email gateway.
  3. #3  
    Originally posted by Poryphyron
    An SMS which comes from the MO-SMS server - this is the server used by the pddaapps sms application - may not be addressed in the same way as a regular sms. Perhaps this is the problem - the sender is not being identified by the original number but by the intermediate sending server. This is quite common with GSM SMS when receiving an SMS from an email gateway.
    No. This is a problem with Sprint. They recently changed how they deliver messages and that broke the caller id feature of text messages. If you disable Treo300SMS, you will still not get any headers with text messages sent via email from your PC or another phone to your phone (which I don't think travel through PDA Apps' servers at all). Sprint is stripping off all email addresses.
  4.    #4  
    But I'm NOT using TreoSMS, and in fact have never installed TreoSMS. I've always used Sprint SMS to receive only. Everything was working fine until today. So are you saying the Sprint is screwing it up??
  5. #5  
    Yes - that's what he's saying. Check the other thread on this, pretty close to the top of the board. Sprint changed their header mechanism recently.
  6. #6  
    I can send with Treo300MS but cannot receive
    if I disable Treo300SMS of course I can't send, and I do receive, but No Caller ID, and a message that says "New Short Mail. Select "Go" to read it. http://smwl.uc.sprintpcs.com.sml.wap.do

    If you try to go it in Blazer "Can Not Dispaly Page"

    Sprint has real problems with the SMS. Verizon has great send and receive SMS. I miss it.
  7. #7  
    I'm having the same problem on my Treo also. I have also never installed the 3rd party SMS software. I have my mail server store and forward a copy to my Treo so I used to get my "Caller ID" of my sender along with a subject line and part of the body (100 chars or less).

    This problem started happening last week for me. All I get is part of the body from the message. I have tested sending the phone a message directly, or using the store and forward method above with same results. No "Caller ID" either way.

    The only way I have gotten something to show in the "Caller ID" spot is sending the phone a message using the send message thingy on the Sprint Website.

    I also have a 2nd phone (non-3g) on my personal account and tested my dilema with it. No problems there. Recieved the from and subject line from the emails from any sender.

    In addition to not getting a "Caller ID" my senders are getting a lot of "Undeliverables" from my mail server meaning my mail server is getting rejects from the Sprint SMS server. Lots of fun I tell ya!

    I got my company signed up with Sprint for voice and data features and tested one of our 3g non-Treos (the A460). No problems there either but some are also getting undeliverables.

    Anyways I have a troubleticket in via my Sprint Rep. on this issue and will post what happens if/when it does. He doesn't seem to know what is happening but we have figured out its a Treo-specific issue on the no "Caller ID" part.


    Sin,
    -Paul

Posting Permissions