Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1.    #1  
    Sometime last week, I stopped receiving SMS notifications of new e-mail on my Treo 300 when using Treo Mail (you know, the little envelope icon that appears in the upper-right-hand corner of Treo Mail on the Treo itself).

    So far, Handspring support has proven useless, only telling me obvious (and not relevant) things and questioning whether the issue is with Sprint (even though I am able to receive text SMS messages without any problems).

    Is anybody else having this problem?

    Does anyone have any suggestions?
  2. #2  
    Knowing how support people can be, I made sure to include the entire process I followed before determining that it was their fault. Tech support did not respond (with the exception of their automated response saying to expect a response within 24 hours) for two days following. I sent another message with an attachment of my original message.

    They finally responded with a case number and a message that my case had been escalated. Nothing since. That was thee days ago. I would at least like an acknowledgement of the problem.

    I have worked around the problem by telling Treomail to automatically check for new email every 30 minutes. Thank God for unlimited data plans.
  3. #3  
    Originally posted by Druce MacFarlane
    Knowing how support people can be, I made sure to include the entire process I followed before determining that it was their fault. Tech support did not respond (with the exception of their automated response saying to expect a response within 24 hours) for two days following. I sent another message with an attachment of my original message.

    They finally responded with a case number and a message that my case had been escalated. Nothing since. That was thee days ago. I would at least like an acknowledgement of the problem.

    I have worked around the problem by telling Treomail to automatically check for new email every 30 minutes. Thank God for unlimited data plans.
    Sprint made changes to how they deliver text messages, and that broke a lot of things. In particular, they broke Treo Mail's notifications (and the Handspring person I spoke with had no estimated time for a fix). Some of you might also remember that this change also broke Treo300SMS's automatic retrieval of SMS messages, but thankfully PDA Apps managed to fix that quickly.

    Damn Sprint, they fix what is working and do not fix what is broken.

Posting Permissions