1.    #1  
    I can't connect wirelessly using AG Connect. The sync works fine. When I do try to connect it says "Error Connecting". I tried changing the Server to the IP address from sync.avantgo.com and turning off Secure Connections, but that still fails. Is there any trick to getting it to work?
    I've had no problem with AvantGo Connect and the Treo 300. It sync's up like a charm. Not sure what your problem could be...

Josh
  3.    #3  
    I am beginning to think it's something I have installed like the Clipper files to support PQA's. Do you have those installed?
    What do you use AG for that you can not get through Blazer? Can you update the content directly from the Treo or do you have to do it on a sync? Does it provide beneficial data that is not readily available on the web? Space, how much does it consume?

Thanks.
    MRL-MO
    in my case mlemke, u make alot of sense. I personally dont use avantgo for much, but I just realized that even though I can sync wirelessly over the treo. I can just as easily go to the particular web page to get the same info and sometimes more.

I might not need A-Go anymore on my Treo.
    My MB's thank U.
    I never had any problem getting AvantGo to work. However, I just uninstalled it... it's just not needed and consumes too much space. There's a thread here called 'Good sites for blazer' that lists lots of sites with all the info available from AvantGo and then some.
  7.    #7  
    I travel for work so I use it in conjunction with my travel agent and Virtually There to get offline copies of my travel itineraries... so I really do need it!
    Are you putting the port number 80 in the URL? e.g., sync.avantgo.com:80 ?
    It might be the PQA apps. I don't have those installed and AvantGo works flawlessly using the provided install instructions. No tweaking on my part.

As for "why use AG?". I use AG and Blazer for different things. I use Blazer for anything I can't get over AG (e.g., news with photos...assuming I've got the time to wait for the photos to download). With AG, I get great text-only news (NY Times, WS Journal), stock portfolio pricing (Bloomberg), sports (CNN/SI), maps (AG Mapquest and Mapblast), technology news (CNet), and other things through AG. I update AG through hot sync prior to travelling (e.g., while on an airplane and don't have connectivity) and I wirelessly update AG when I want the latest info and haven't had a chance to sync.

I personally like AvantGo b/c ALL of the content is formatted for PDA size devices and, in most cases, it's MUCH quicker and more reliable than Blazer.