1.    #1  
    Do we really nees two way SMS?

Currently, without buying and subscribing to Treo 300 SMS from PDAapps.com, we should all be able to receive SMS messages sent from an email to "phone#@messaging.sprintpcs.com"

We should also be able to receive, if it is working, SMS messages from http://messaging.sprintpcs.com.

When the SMS message is received, it should give a message received alert.

If this is true, and you have EUDORA set up to send/receive email, you should be able to reply via EMAIL to the SMS.

If you reply to another TREO at via EMAIL it's "phone#@messaging.sprintpcs.com" then the recipient should also receive a message received alert.

I know this is not convienient, but it should work without needing any additional software.

Has anyone else tried this?
    What is EUDORA?

Isn't that additional software.. I do not have it.

We need it because it is hella convient sort of like a motorola 2 way pager....

Look at the pdaapps deal.. it is so quick and easy to send a quick SMS.
    Eudora Internet Suite contains a text only Web Browser (Eudora Web) and a pop email program (Eudora). It is Qualcomm software and I like it very much for pop email. It is free and if you do a search, you can find the URL to download it.
    If you every use TRUE SMS as I did with Verizon, It's great, easy and simple. Just phone number to phone number reguardless of the carrier. No @messaging.sprintpcs.com
    Yes we do need SMS. Maybe you don't care to do it the hard way, but not me.
  5.    #5  
    Well I just got off the phone with Tier 2 Sprint Tech Support. They confirmed to me that SMS was not working at all. I thought it just was receive only.

I was told that they are working on a fix, it will be two way, and they don't know when it will be fixed. He seemed to know what he was doing and what he was talking about.

Can some one tell me if Treo 300 SMS from PDAapps.com is a one time software purchase or if it will be a yearly subscription?

Also, is there any working email software or site that will signal the TREO 300 that mail is waiting. I don't need PUSH EMail, but a notification will be nice...
    Originally posted by Smartphone Fan
    Do we really nees two way SMS?

When the SMS message is received, it should give a message received alert.

This is the problem. When say a AT&T or Verizon customer sends me an SMS, it comes to my Sprint account as a ShortMail. I do get a SMS as notification of ShortMail arrival, but other than by using Treo300SMS or by accessing my Sprint PCS manage portal using a Web Browser (other than Blazer) I cannot see the text of this message.

Also, for sending email via SMS, have you compared the speeds of Treo300SMS when sending and that of say TreoMail or Eudora? SMS is supposed to be fast.
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Hey,

I just set up treo300SMS, and I went to http://messaging.sprintpcs.com. I logged using my treo account. I was successful in sending my A500 an SMS. however, when i logged in my A500 account and tried to send to my treo it said that i was not setup for this service. what does that mean? is it because i have the Treo300SMS app working?

I am not sure how this works, but i am super confused. Also, if i send off my treo to work e-mail, then reply, i never get anything on my treo. can someone please explain. I'm really not sure i know what i am doing here.

Thanks,

Glenn
    I'm having the same problem with my account. Says I'm not signed up, also no message come to my Treo, but I can send fine with Treo300SMS.
    Originally posted by glenng
    Hey,

I just set up treo300SMS, and I went to http://messaging.sprintpcs.com. I logged using my treo account. I was successful in sending my A500 an SMS. however, when i logged in my A500 account and tried to send to my treo it said that i was not setup for this service. what does that mean? is it because i have the Treo300SMS app working?

I am not sure how this works, but i am super confused. Also, if i send off my treo to work e-mail, then reply, i never get anything on my treo. can someone please explain. I'm really not sure i know what i am doing here.

Thanks,

Glenn
    Your Sprint account is screwed up. For some reason PCS messaging is not on your account, but should be because you have Vision.

Spiderman