Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi

Is there a way or an app to get the call history of my Treo to the PC? It would be very useful to get the data out for reporting in CSV, XLS, DBF, MDB, Outlook Journal or whatever format.

If one of the Treo developers is reading this, that's FEATUREREQUEST! And if I could take a note for the call going on, it would be perfect!

But maybe in the meantime there is a conduit for the call history.

thx a lot

Michael
    We (Natara Software) have just such a program in the works right now. It's a conduit and desktop application that keep your call history with all the details, as well as allows you to auto archive older calls. Possibly a future feature to do the same for your SMS messages. We'll probably start beta testing in a week or so. Definately want to get it out before Christmas.

I'll let everyone hear know when the beta tests begin so you can take a look. It's about 75-80% done at this point (you know that last mile is the longest mile... ).

---
    Bryan Nystrom
    Natara Software, Inc.
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Hey Bryan,

What you are developing, is it also gonna be an enhancement on the call log? An app that shows (on separate screens): last 10 missed, last 10 incoming (answered), last 10 outgoing would be great. Like something more commensurate with what's on today's cell phones. Just throwing it out there. thanks.

Glenn
    That's fantastic, Natara Software! Keep us posted. We want, ASAP!
    It will be a sortable, filterable, groupable list.

If you are familiar with our DayNotez Desktop "Custom" view, then that should give you some idea of it's flexability. We'll start out somewhat simple and enhance the product if there is enough demand and interest.

I'll let you folks know when and where the beta becomes available. It's pretty much in a "only works with my particular setup" condition right now (lots of hard coded stuff).
    Looking for a few Beta testers......(Limited openings right now).

Mail the following info to support@natara.com (Please do not reply here.)

Use Subject: Beta Test Request

Support@natara.com
    • Name:
    • Treo Model:
    • Cellular Provider:
    • # Devices currently HotSynced:
    • HotSync Ver:
    • Windows Ver:

(Sorry, no Mac/Linux/Win95 support)
    (If you do not provide the above info, your reqest will not be considered)
    Bryan Nystrom
    Natara Software, Inc.
    This appears to be a very powerful app guys! If you want to be able to keep track of your phone call logs.
    I just signed up as a beta tester and I'm impressed!

Thank you Natara!
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    I'm suprised that know one has commented here!
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Probably because the larger user base (Treo 300) don't realize that there are sections outside the Treo 300 section. Post it there, and I bet there are a lot more responses.

Either that, or people have gotten to used to this limitiation.
    Originally posted by millerhifi
    I'm suprised that know one has commented here!
    Please don't reinforce the 300 forum's problems. Don't post there. I really appreciate all work done on behalf of the treo community but this is one product I cannot see as being all that useful. At least to me.
    Originally posted by KRamsauer
    Please don't reinforce the 300 forum's problems. Don't post there. I really appreciate all work done on behalf of the treo community but this is one product I cannot see as being all that useful. At least to me.
    Me? I would never do that. My "Post it there" should have had sarcasm tags.
    Originally posted by Appleman
    Probably because the larger user base (Treo 300) don't realize that there are sections outside the Treo 300 section. Post it there, and I bet there are a lot more responses.

Either that, or people have gotten to used to this limitiation.
    I wasn't necessarily looking for more responses. I'm just suprised that based on earlier threads including this one that folks wanted a way to transfer their call history to a more usable file on their desktop.
    This thread is posted where it should be and if 300 users aren't interested in broadening their horizons beyond the "treo 300 forum" so be it!
    Obviously if one is not interested, they won't comment.
    My conclusion is that out of 18,409 members no one wants this type of app.
    I was just a lttle suprised. I'm interested I guess that's all that really matters...........
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Originally posted by Appleman

Me? I would never do that. My "Post it there" should have had sarcasm tags.
    Oh, okay.
    Originally posted by millerhifi

My conclusion is that out of 18,409 members no one wants this type of app.
    I'm interested. I bookmarked the thread and sent a note to the developers asking for a non-PC version such as the capability to export to the memo-pad so I can open it with a spreadsheet on the Mac.
    Re: Mac / Memo pad...

Thanks for the suggestion, but the application is strictly a conduit and desktop app. There really is no functionality on the palm side other than a "stub" that allows out conduit to be run by HotSync. What you are asking for is an entirely new program. Plus, there is a limitation on the Palm side in regards to how much information a single memo note can hold (4k). I bet most people have more data in their Phone Call Log file than would fit in a single note record. It would be an interesting Palm app for someone to tackle, though.

It's more likely that we would someday support an actual Mac conduit and OS X app for dealing with the data. (but nothing yet planned for that).
    I want it. I was doing a search for call history reporting and I did NOT find this post. I would use it to audit my bill.

Derek
    I would first like to thank those beta testers who provided us with valuable feedback! It was very helpful.

The product (Comet) is now available on ]the Natara web site (and PalmGear and Handango soon). There is a fully functional 30 day trial for anyone interested in trying it out.

Thanks!
    Last edited by bnystrom; 04/30/2003 at 02:47 PM.
    Bryan Nystrom
    Natara Software, Inc.
    Originally posted by Bryan Nystrom
    It's more likely that we would someday support an actual Mac conduit and OS X app for dealing with the data. (but nothing yet planned for that).
    'till then count me out
    m00se
    I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.
    -Mark Twain
    I guess I should have made myself more clear, since I have gotten about a half dozen beta requests since my last post.

The BETA phase is now over. We no longer are looking for beta testers for this release. The product is publicly available on our web site, PalmGear.com, and Handango.com.

Thanks for all the offers though!

Regards,
    Bryan Nystrom
    Natara Software, Inc.

http://www.natara.com/comet
    I just downloaded Comet and it is amazing.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast