1.    #1  
    Hello All ...

I'm hoping someone might have run across this, as Handspring is not providing any help whatsoever.

I'm trying to eval TreoMail Internet Edition ... I've downloaded the TreoMail app for my Treo, and configured my POP3 account information online.

Now, I'm well versed in POP3 - I can run an entire session manually via Telnet if needed - so I've done all the obvious.

I've tried two different POP3 accounts (one on a shared hosting mail server I use, and one on our company's Exchange server which allows POP3) and neither one will work with TreoMail. When I sign into the TreoMail portal I get the following:

Last retrieval from your ISP: Friday, October 25, 2002 12:37:45 PM
    The last retrieval from your ISP returned the following error:
    Unknown error [101]
    Email last sent TO your Treo: Never
    Email last received FROM your Treo: Never

So, I'm a bit puzzled. Has anyone else run into this??

Thanks!

-Doug
    I'm having the same problem............ sent an email support request from handspring 2 days ago and have not heard a thing. Here is my original post....

[I]
    Just picked up my Treo 300, and am trying to use treomail to get Yahoo email. I have paid the additional fee to yahoo for pop3 mail retrieval. all my settings are correct becuse I can get mail from any pop3 client. However when my Treo syncs, it goes through the process and looks to be successful except there is no mail on the Treo

This is the error I get when I check the treomail site:
    Unknown error [101]

Anyone using treo mail with Yahoo mail? and were able to get it to work?

Thanks in advance!
    [I/]
    My latest problem: I got TreoMail, and it works on my AT&T Broadband POP3 account (SSL on port 995). But no SMS alerts of incoming email (yes, it's enabled)! This was the whole reason I payed for TreoMail.

In regards to your problems. I had a difficult time getting my Email config to stick on the TreoMail website. I repeatedly (ie 10-12 times in row) had to submit the form. It would either time my session out, or not take the post and direct me to the summary page. Initially I thought I had gotten the config set, only to return to the site and find my settings gone.

I'm not real impressed with the quality of their service. If customer support doesn't get back to me, I'm calling sales for a refund.
    Originally posted by dtoombs
    When I sign into the TreoMail portal I get the following:

Last retrieval from your ISP: Friday, October 25, 2002 12:37:45 PM
    Unknown error [101]
    Email last sent TO your Treo: Never
    Email last received FROM your Treo: Never

So, I'm a bit puzzled. Has anyone else run into this??

Thanks!

-Doug
    I'm having the exact same problem. I just signed up to try it out and ended up deleting it because I couldn't get it to work. Handspring has lost another potential customer.

Geoffrey
  5.    #5  
    Originally posted by spittle
    I repeatedly (ie 10-12 times in row) had to submit the form. It would either time my session out, or not take the post and direct me to the summary page. Initially I thought I had gotten the config set, only to return to the site and find my settings gone.

I'm not real impressed with the quality of their service. If customer support doesn't get back to me, I'm calling sales for a refund.
    Turns out I was having the same problem ... after filling out the form a few more times (after it kept timing me out - even though I was doing everything immediately) it took my configuration.

Now, the POP3 edition wouldn't seem to work, so I tried the corporate edition. Installed it onto my desktop at work - it saw my Exchange profiles - everything was happy.

Several synchronizations later -- nothing on my Treo. It's just not pulling my messages.

What a joke this package is. Sheesh. I understand that problems might happen, but there's just no way for me to troubleshoot this thing at all!

Gonna have to look into the Hiptop - it seems like good wireless, effortless email right now is only possible through RIM (yuk) or Danger.

-Doug
    Originally posted by spittle
    My latest problem: I got TreoMail, and it works on my AT&T Broadband POP3 account (SSL on port 995). But no SMS alerts of incoming email (yes, it's enabled)! This was the whole reason I payed for TreoMail.

In regards to your problems. I had a difficult time getting my Email config to stick on the TreoMail website. I repeatedly (ie 10-12 times in row) had to submit the form. It would either time my session out, or not take the post and direct me to the summary page. Initially I thought I had gotten the config set, only to return to the site and find my settings gone.

I"ve been using TreoMail since June flawlessly with my ATTBI accountand getting all new mail alerts.
    How can I try to help?
    Did you try deactivating the account on the Treo and start the process over by activating a new account?
    The first thing it should ask for is your mobile number.
    If you did that already did you try completly deleting the app from the treo and reinstalling it again?
    I'm just looking for possible fixes.
    To be fair, Handspring tech support got back to me with a fairly detailed email of potential problems.

Main one (and also my problem) is that the phone number on my SIM card didn't have a full 11 digits. So I used Phone Info dialog to change my SIM stored number from 10 digits to 11 digits (ie. add a preceding "1").

After several restarts using website, I finally got my SMS alerts.

Still, an awful lot of trouble. Not too many non-technical types would have this patience.

Now I'm having all sorts of GPRS problems. Sigh...
    I am curious as to why you guys did not try to setup Treo Mail on the free 30 day trial rather than shelling out the cash and then having to seek a refund if your POP3 is too unusual to comply with the requirements of the service? I am not trying to be a smart *** but just to point out that this is probably the purpose of the free trial - you try it, it works on most but not all POP3/exchange setups and if you dont like it you just uninstall it and try somthing else like Seven/BaseJet etc.