1.    #1  
    I see a lot of discussions about alternative keyboards for Treo with or without thumb-boards.

I use one of these and find it great.

Several great things about it:
    * Small form
    * Wireless (Ir)
    * With adapter, use with your PC
    * Miserly power consumption (internal watch type battery)
    * Takes less than 1/2 hour to learn the basics
    * Designed with PalmOS in mind
    * Attracts a lot of stares

I can now type twice my handwriting speed.

Oh, Microwriting is not new. It's been around for the best part of twenty years.
    Wow you are more of a geek than I ever could hope to be! That looks so cool!
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by KRamsauer
    Wow you are more of a geek than I ever could hope to be! That looks so cool!
    Well, they don't call me 'Gadget Man' for nothing
    I have to ask... how long did it take to learn this. I mean, it looks cool and seems like an idea.

But, I am at 30 WPM with my Treo. If anything, I would want a Stowaway.
  5.    #5  
    Originally posted by waynorth
    I have to ask... how long did it take to learn this. I mean, it looks cool and seems like an idea.

But, I am at 30 WPM with my Treo. If anything, I would want a Stowaway.
    I hear you Waynorth. Admittedly, I only use the Cykey for bulk text entry. I would never use it to say, write an SMS.

30wpm is pretty good going on the Treo thumboard, congrats . Unfortunately, my thumbs are huge (I'm 6ft 6) and when it comes to the Thumboard... well, I'm all thumbs.

It took me about half an hour to learn the Microwriting alphabet, basic punctuation and numbers. It's quite a logical system.
    That thing looks great.

But:

- what speed do you get?
    - how do you deal with the IR port being on top? Is there screen rotation software included or does it use a mirror?
  7.    #7  
    Originally posted by gisborne
    That thing looks great.

But:

- what speed do you get?
    - how do you deal with the IR port being on top? Is there screen rotation software included or does it use a mirror?
    Like Waynorth, I get about 35-40wpm microwriting but I'm not exactly busting my chops to do this. I could probably go faster but then errors would also probably creep in.

I use FlipHack DA to flip the screen.