1.    #1  
    I just purchased the new sony clie with video and still camera (this is so cool). I want to be able to connect to the internet by using my sprint treo as an ir modem. Is this possible?
    You cannot use the Treo as a modem for anything -- not even another PDA. I suppose this could change with third party software similar to TreoModem.
    My life is in my Treo... Where is yours?
    Just traded in my jornada 568 for the clie nx70v, has anyone made progress with connecting these two devices yet. I've played with the net front settings on the clie but can't establish a connection with the treo 300. Any help would be appreciated.
    Using WirelessModem <http://www.notifymail.com/palm/wmodem/>, I have successfully connected a CLIE NX70 to a Treo.

1. On the NX70, go into Prefs->Network
    2. From Menu, choose New
    3. Enter Sprint for Service
    4. Leave User Name and Password blank.
    5. Tap the Connection popup and Choose Edit Connections.
    6. Tap New...
    7. Enter Treo for Name
    8. Connect to: Modem
    9. Via: Infrared
    10. Tap Details
    11. Flow Ctl: Off
    12. Tap OK.
    13. Tap OK.
    14. Tap Done.
    15. If the Sprint service isn't selected, choose it from the list.
    16. Connection. Select Treo
    17. Enter #777 for Phone #

On Treo
    1) Launch WirelessModem
    2) PDA Modem Port: Wireless Modem 57600
    3) Laptop Connected Via: IrOMM 57600
    4) Tap Enable Modem

That's it (I just tested it and it works). The only problem is that you have to keep the CLIE lined up with the Treo.
    Scott,

would these intructions work on the TT as well? Will it work only on Palm OS5 devices or can you connect via IR using notifymail using any palm os pda?
    Originally posted by gfunkmagic
    Scott,

would these intructions work on the TT as well? Will it work only on Palm OS5 devices or can you connect via IR using notifymail using any palm os pda?
    These should work fine with the Tungsten T and any other Palm OS device. I've only tested on the CLIE NX70. I think that the enhanced IR helps the CLIE devices.
    Thanks Scott it worked, I'm replying on my clie connected to the treo. The instructions worked flawlessly.