1.    #1  
    I got that letter in the mail saying that by October 25th everthing should be fixed...

and who would have guessed.... I still am not able to access the vision part of the sprintpcs website...

I was a 2G customer who upgraded to a 3G phone and plan...
    I'm with you. 2G to 3G. Maybe by 4G we'll be able to see the Vision. Oooo....

Whatever. At this point, I don't really care. Everything's working, so I'd rather they just keep it the same.
    I got the letter also.. it said specifically NOON on the 25th!

It isn't noon yet anyplace!

Originally posted by Fikse
    I got that letter in the mail saying that by October 25th everthing should be fixed...

and who would have guessed.... I still am not able to access the vision part of the sprintpcs website...

I was a 2G customer who upgraded to a 3G phone and plan...
    Finally it works...

I was able to logon to the regular side of the Sprint site, and Under Profile> Settings and Preferences, there was a new choice for change vision username and password!

It took me to this create a password screen... which I did and it said it would take 10 mins to update the phone.. In less than that, the phone said it needed new authentication and updated itself...

Everything working great, and I can log on to the vision side of the website now however:

1) I don't see anything so important on the vision side.

2) I tried changing my vision username to my old 2g @sprintpcs name but it said it was unavailable.

3) I can not still get to my old 2g @sprintpcs mailbox.. maybe later today.

But after several months this is a start!
    i was able to log in to sprint and change my vision password. I followed the instructions after and attempted to connect to the network on my Treo. I got an error message so I went into the Network preferences, unlocked it and entered my new password. I then connected perfectly and I am posting this message as proof. Now if I can get my email....... I will check that with new settings in eudora and see what happens
    i changed my email password and then was able to get into my sprint inbox using eudora. All of my old 2G messages were moved to my new 3G account. I think they are for now automatically forwarding your mail to the new address. How much longer this will happen is anybody's guess!
  7.    #7  
    I just tried again and now I do get the "change vision username or password" option...

however, when I click on that button, it says I need to enter my vision password.... which I don't have, and never had...
    I can get onto vision side.. However when I go to email or calendary I do not see anything.. it asks for my vision password and then I can not see any of the old email messages.

It just asks if I want to sign up for email that is it.

Anyone else having that problem??

Mike
    MikeRadio, I get similar results. I've changed my username on the website, (which I guess is good -- I'm no longer a number) and my phone automatically updated, but it still won't let me enter a password. Every time I try to "change" it, nothing happens on the website. So I can't see my 3G email either, but I know it's getting through because I get an SMS alert that I have new mail (I set my 2G preferences to alert me).

So once again, Sprint tries to do something new and doesn't give us any real instructions.

BTW, Broose, I could probably search for these somewhere, but what are the POP/SMTP settings for the 3G Sprint mail using Eudora?
    At about 11:15 EST on Friday I was able to see the "Change Vision Password" icon finally. Was able to change the password per the instructions. Let the phone reprovision itself. Then changed my user id and it changed that as well.

But, I don't see anything about screen savers, ringers, or games. Have I missed something.

Mark
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    I also received the letter a few weeks ago, and had been having the same problem as others - no "Vision icon" in the prefs/settings...well finally, about an hour ago, I got the icon, setup the password, & then got a network settings update alert on my phone about 30 seconds later...did the update, now all is well & I have full access to the Vision portion of the web site...

Also, on another matter, I noticed my plan summary now says "unlimited mb data"...I was signed up for 20 MB before and I haven't changed anything, so I guess they automatically upgraded me...sounds good to me!

Chris
    Originally posted by mlwilliams

But, I don't see anything about screen savers, ringers, or games. Have I missed something.

Mark
    These things are not available for the Treo. It says that in the product information on the Sprint PCS web site.

Geoffrey
    MAKE SURE RHAT YOU TELL THEM TO DELETE YOUR OLD EMAIL...MY VISION STARTED ON 10/23/02 AFTER WAITING A MONTH......ALSO GOT THEM TO START MY 3 FREE MONTHS OVER !

FRANK