Just picked up my Treo 300, and am trying to use treomail to get Yahoo email. I have paid the additional fee to yahoo for pop3 mail retrieval. all my settings are correct becuse I can get mail from any pop3 client. However when my Treo syncs, it goes through the process and looks to be successful except there is no mail on the Treo

This is the error I get when I check the treomail site:
    The last retrieval from your ISP returned the following error:
    Unknown error [101]

Anyone using treo mail with Yahoo mail? and were able to get it to work?

Thanks in advance!
    unfortunately i cant answer your question... but i have one of my own...

i am awaiting the arrival of my treo in the mail so i dont have it yet, but i am getting prepared: i also use yahoo mail and am wondering why you would use treo mail... cant you check your yahoo mail through their wap site? what does treomail add?

thanks
    i am awaiting the arrival of my treo in the mail so i dont have it yet, but i am getting prepared: i also use yahoo mail and am wondering why you would use treo mail... cant you check your yahoo mail through their wap site? what does treomail add?
    Yes but its all about convenience. With Treomail you can compose your emails quickly by already being in compose format rather than logging onto the internet , going to the Yahoo site and clicking compose new email. Its all about convenience. Problem is getting your mail from the same app you sent it from. Sorry I don't have an answer to the problem above. It sounds as though it is Yahoo. I also was going to pay Yahoo the extra money to send mail to a pop 3 aapp but I found someone else for free. I use Hotpop.com now with Endora mail on the Treo. Works perfect. And I even have an app that sends me a sms message every time my Endora mail receives an email. If you want it go to ipipi.com .This is also free but only tweenty sms messages a month get delivered to your Treo for free. If you need more you can pay to have 50,100, or even 500 for a small amount. Very nice to have.
    Last edited by ronaldwright; 11/29/2002 at 12:32 PM.
    May the lord bless you and Heaven smile upon you.
    Check out this site also for great discussions on all pdaphones.
    www.pdaphonehome.com