1.    #1  
    Are there any apps that I can download to allow me to input to my Treo 300 with Grafitti instead of just the keyboard?

Thanks,
    Ted
    I use New Pen 1.4. Go to www.palmgear.com to download.
    I use recoecho and I think it is terrific!
    "I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer."
    How would that work on a Treo? Would you see what you're writing as an overlay on the screen?

My Treo is my first PDA, so I've never learned grafitti, but I wonder if I should. Seems like it could be a lot faster for text inputing.
    If you have never learned Graffiti why bother? I can do 30 WPM with Graffitti and I rarely use it on my Treo. Keyboard is King. I can type faster on the thumb board.

Originally posted by UppaTreo
    How would that work on a Treo? Would you see what you're writing as an overlay on the screen?

My Treo is my first PDA, so I've never learned grafitti, but I wonder if I should. Seems like it could be a lot faster for text inputing.
    My life is in my Treo... Where is yours?
    Originally posted by yardie
    If you have never learned Graffiti why bother? I can do 30 WPM with Graffitti and I rarely use it on my Treo. Keyboard is King. I can type faster on the thumb board.
    I can type 100wpm on a normal size keyboard, but the thumb board is a whole nuther animal. Touchtyping is out of the question, which means I'm hunting and pecking. Plus, I'm a bit of a stickler for proper capitalization and such, so I don't just rattle off all lower-case characters, which would be faster. And don't get me started on special characters...

It's just a slow go. I may be able to get faster as I become more used to the keyboard, but on the other hand, maybe I'd be faster with Grafitti once I learned it.
    I use NewPen 1.4 too.

It works great on the Treo.

I love having the ability to use both handwriting recognition and the thumb keyboard. It allows me to use whatever is most convenient, for whatever task I'm doing at that particular moment.

Great freeware app.

PG
    What is the difference between recoecho and New Pen?
    Is one better than the other?
    I am presently using the dated demo of recoecho.
    But I assume I would have to delete it before trying New Pen, or who knows what would happen!
    Has anyone tried both and found one better than the other?

NateS
    NateS,

I have tried both. I found that NewPen crashed my device while I have had zero problems with RecoEcho. I imagine it has a lot to do with what other apps you are running on your device, so I would recommend you try one, if it works, great. If not, then try the other one....

HTH....

Craig

Originally posted by NateS
    What is the difference between recoecho and New Pen?
    Is one better than the other?
    I am presently using the dated demo of recoecho.
    But I assume I would have to delete it before trying New Pen, or who knows what would happen!
    Has anyone tried both and found one better than the other?

NateS
    "I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer."