Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1.    #41  
    Folks - anyone who is using this app and finding that it's FAST, please post your proxy settings - I bet that's the culprit!

L
    Lee Ladisky
    Nice work, nice app! some comments:

1) It didn't work on my Treo 300 until I went into my PalmOS "preferences" app, selected Wireless and tapped on "Default Proxy"...This changes the IP to the default one, and everything works. Anyone know what this change means? Does this mean I'm not going through sprint anymore and only going through palm.net or something? Does it make a difference in the data transfer speed? I'm assuming it affects all apps not just web clipping.

2) web clippings are cool! thanks for introducing me to them

3) the web clipping browser scrolls significantly faster than blazer.
    You need: http://home.triad.rr.com/rlwhitt/palm/#da

Originally posted by darkfox3
    Where is the beta the link is dead can anyone email it to me or something
    Where in version 1.42 (maybe I got the wrong version then) can you select it to you blazer instead?

Also, let's ee these proxy settings, my searches work most of the time but take 45 seconds.
    Brian -- Not sure this is precisely what you're wondering, but at DA's main screen, selecting Options/Preferences brings up a choice of either web clipping or Blazer for showing Maps & Directions.

My directory searches are also taking around 45 seconds -- this with the "default" proxy of 63.97.179.31.

best...aa.
    I found the webclipping area where I can change the proxy, but when I changed it to 206.*.*.* which was on the one site, I also checked wireless protocol and now I get resets when I execute palm.net so I can't play with anymore until I get home and can resync.
    My searches too are now maddenly slow since installing the new version ... 45 seconds or so.
    I don't think it's the proxy itself because I use other webclipping pqa's (moviephone, weather, map quest, etc) and they're REALLY fast.

I think it's just taking that long to search the dbase?
    Hey rlwhitt,

Is it possible to add Canadian provinces to the pull-down state menu? The website at www.555-1212.com/palm/ has this capability.

Thanks.
    Yes, it's quite possible. This apparently is a new thing for them, as I had not noticed this when I originally did this.

I can't promise a timeframe though, as I'm working on other things, plus it appears that I need to look into a speed issue as well.

Originally posted by Appleman
    Hey rlwhitt,

Is it possible to add Canadian provinces to the pull-down state menu? The website at www.555-1212.com/palm/ has this capability.

Thanks.
    I will be looking into this, probably after the holidays.

I do notice that just running the Palm website under my desktop browser is quite a bit slower than it used to be. This may be a large part of the issues, though I'm still going to do some timings with old vs. new DA versions just to make sure nothing broke along the way.
    It seems the speed issue has to do with the degradation of performance on www.555-1212.com/palm's web site. If you try running it from a browser, it's god-awful slow. It wasn't like this before.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    I have been here and I think I know what to do.

This is a great app, the best for the Treo yet.
    If you have not already done so go to this page and download the webclipping for OS3.5.2 only NOT the one for OS4.

http://www.golddave.com/palm/howto/u..._palm_vii.html

Then do a soft reset to wipe out the old webclipping flies if there were some there. That is done by putting the end of the tip of the stylus into the little hole on the back.

Then install the Dir Asst app.

Then go to Prefs. And in the upper right pull down the "Wireless" menu. Tap once in the Proxy window to make it active, and touch "Default" below. This will put the default IP address in and then save it all the way out.

Then try to connect. If this does not work then do a soft reset again.

It will then work.
    I have Directory Assistance version 1.41 and it works like a charm.

Jeff Schaffer
    Jeff Schaffer
    jschaffer@usa.net
    Originally posted by jschaff
    I have been here and I think I know what to do.

This is a great app, the best for the Treo yet.
    If you have not already done so go to this page and download the webclipping for OS3.5.2 only NOT the one for OS4.

http://www.golddave.com/palm/howto/u..._palm_vii.html
    Anyway someone could post what is on that site that would give me what I need to use pqa's? My holding company has the site blocked! Thanks!
    Robert
    Please visit my moblog, Robert-O-Rama
    It's starting to look like this is the problem. Maybe in the future I might put in an alternate source, like Verizon Superpages so people have a choice when one is down or slow.

Originally posted by bhodgins
    It seems the speed issue has to do with the degradation of performance on www.555-1212.com/palm's web site. If you try running it from a browser, it's god-awful slow. It wasn't like this before.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123