1.    #1  
    Hey all. I posted this on another thread without an answer, so hopefully someone can provide some feedback.

I tried downloading an app both via the PalmGear PQA and using Xiino, and every time, no matter which method I use, I get a Fatal Alert. Any input would be appreciated.

Craig
    "I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer."
  2.    #2  
    Sorry, but I figured my only shot at getting an answer is to get this back near the top of the list.

Sorry gang. Hopefully someone has an answer....
    I was waiting for a reply as well. I tried the pqa a long time ago on my 6035, but it didn't work. For those who hadn't tried it, palmgear wrote a pqa for their site which allowed one to download prc program files (i.e. not zipped), but it didn't work and they apparently never fixed it. Suggest contacting palmgear directly. They should either fix what's wrong or pull it from their site.
    David
    I used it as recently as 3 months ago (just before I got my Treo) and it worked fine. I do recall that you had to install a couple of PRCs - the PalmGear PQA and the PQAUpdater.prc. But they may have disabled their support for this app, as I think they've been quite busy lately, what with getting external funding, etc.
  5. kin
    Wrote to them several months ago on this issue and they replied that the palm-sized site of PalmGear only works with Microsoft IE!!! How weird.

Its people like this that keep IT PC-centric.
  6. kin
    Oh yes. And also, Xiino can handle zip files if you load an external zip program like Handzipper.

So you are not limited to .prc sites only.
  7.    #7  
    I tried palmgear.com on Xiino and had the same problem, so that's not the issue.

It's very frustrating to have the capability, but not be able to do it.

Craig
  8. Puk
    Originally posted by kin
    Oh yes. And also, Xiino can handle zip files if you load an external zip program like Handzipper.

So you are not limited to .prc sites only.
    Have you gotten this to work? The only "HandZipper" I found only works for zipping to/from memory cards, and won't run on my Treo.

Thanks.

-Puk
  9.    #9  
    I have Handzipper Light which came bundled with SnapperMail. It works great! If you aren't aware, SnapperMail is a terrific email application that supports attachments, both sending and receiving. You can learn about it HERE

Craig