1.    #1  
    My Treo is the first Palm based PDA I've had, and I keep seeing references to Hack, Hack Master, X Master, etc.....

What's the deal? Can someone explain this to me....should I use Hacks? What are they, how do you get them, what's the negatives, etc, etc...

DJ
    Hacks are small (i.e., single KB) programs that change features of an existing program without changing the functionality. For example, on my old Palms, I used to have hacks that would automatically change the internal clock to and from daylight savings time, invert the backlight to make it easier to read...stuff like that.

Upside: simple programs that make your life easier.
    Downside: they can screw up your PDA if the programmer didn't know what s/he was doing.
    ...is CorrectHack. It allows you to define kind of an 'auto-replace'. For example, you want to use the 'dash' symbol a lot, but it's kind of a hassle to always mash the blue button first, and then hit the 'F'. With CorrectHack, you define 'F' to be replaced by '-'. When you type an 'F' all by itself, it will be replaced by the dash. I use this all the time for many characters - for example, to replace a lower case 'i' with upper case 'I' so I don't have to activate the shift first.
    Just saves time when doing e-mails and such. Very handy.