Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I spoke to a 3g tech & he said this after this weekend they will offer the "true" sms function & ability to receive email with attachments (i don't know through biz connect or what?). I also got a credit on my account of the money I spent on PDA apps "sms" app ($19.95). I wouldn't be surprised if he would have given me an additional credit for the price of some 3rd party email program that handles attachments. Anyway, just thought I'd share that. By the way, I've racked up over $130 in credits, two months free of phone service, & an additional two free months of vision when my 3 month trial ends ( my bill is now negative $130 ). If you "annoy" them long enough over the phone, demanding things, they will buckle (speak to "retention" or tell Claire "disconnect service) . Good luck to all...
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Damn I just paid the money for the SMS app too, sigh. Its too much of a hassle to call and argue for that money though. But this is a good thing for my fiancee with her a500.
    <b> "Is that a Treo in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me?!?" </b>
    The only thing that sucks is that PDAAPPS spent a great deal of time working on their SMS program because Sprint goofed and left it off the Treo 300.... Then Sprint comes out with two-way SMS and makes us happy but screws PDA apps.
    But before we all calously delete TreoSMS, remember this is SpLint we're talking about. First, they release it and it sucks for a while. Then, they "fix it" and it still doesn't work. Then, they finally get it right (about six months later) and meanwhile we've all been paying for the "optional" privelage of using the new feature.

Hopefully it will work right, and they won't charge for it.

L
    Lee Ladisky
    I'll believe it when I see it.
    I agree - once I have the app in my device, and it's working, only then will I believe it.
    Does Sprint offer support via Email??? I'm getting sick and tired of holding on the phone for hours, just checking the status of open calls.

I just changed over to Sprint (Treo 300), have they always sucked, or are they just having a hard time with vision?

Later,
    ran
    what's up with Sprints SMS anyway. I'm new to Sprint (just bought a Treo 300 at CC great deal) I'm use to Verizon's true SMS which works GREAT and instant both ways. I read alot here and downloaded PDAapps TreoSMS. Well I can send a SMS but no receive. It will say "Initiating Receiving Short Mail" and then NOTHING.
  9.    #9  
    Does Sprint offer support via Email??? I'm getting sick and tired of holding on the phone for hours, just checking the status of open calls.

Have you tried the direct number to 3G? 877.228.2257. Much less wait time there...
    Originally posted by imageone
    what's up with Sprints SMS anyway. I'm new to Sprint (just bought a Treo 300 at CC great deal) I'm use to Verizon's true SMS which works GREAT and instant both ways. I read alot here and downloaded PDAapps TreoSMS. Well I can send a SMS but no receive. It will say "Initiating Receiving Short Mail" and then NOTHING.
    What that means is that your Sprint account is inconsistent. Try sending yourself a message from http://messaging.sprintpcs.com/ and it will never arrive, with or without the PDAapps Treo 300 SMS app on your system.
    Originally posted by treo_fanatic

What that means is that your Sprint account is inconsistent. Try sending yourself a message from http://messaging.sprintpcs.com/ and it will never arrive, with or without the PDAapps Treo 300 SMS app on your system.
    I just did and it said:
    " Error

One of the message recipients does not subscribe to this messaging service."

I'm set up with a Vision PCS account, and I can sign in and manage my regular account. what gives?
    Spoke to a wireless web technical support rep who told me the new SMS app will be available "this fall." He wouldn't commit to an exact date. He also said to get it we have to bring the Treo to a Sprint store and have them do a software upgrade. Said its done while you wait and only takes a few minutes.
    The tech I talked to said the SMS would be able to be sent over the air.... He didn't know when it would be available....

Best thing is to just stick with pdaapps.com TreoSMS which works quick and fine (except when Sprint's site is screwed up and not receiving)....

I mean with that app you have the SMS... Sprint will have it to us when they are good and ready....

... umm actually knowing Sprint.... when they are good and NOT ready!!
    Okay,

I just spent 20 minutes on the phone with a VERY helpful (yes, you read that right) Sprint technician. He searched ALL of their available knowledge bases, message boards and even instant messaged all other Tier 2/Wireless web support folks for the answer:

1) There is NO notation anywhere that Sprint will be making/releasing an update to allow mobile originated SMS from the Treo on any specific date at any specific time.

This is closer to the last post that says sometime in the fall, without specifics... So... don't hold your breath on a release today.

I'm so confident, I just bought the TreoSMS app.

L
    Lee Ladisky
    I have to agree. No concrete info at all for SMS being available for the Treo. Helpful Tier 2 man is right.

As far as the post about it being sent over the air... That is not going to happen.

I could see it being a software update ((you have to take the phone to a sales and service store)), but, once again, absolutely no info to support that.

Stick with the treosms app. I have more faith in that.

As far as tech support via email? Nope. No one in 3G/wweb support has a company email address ((@sprintspectrum.com)).

The direct number works, if just to avoid the hold time of customer service.
    Actually software updates for the Treo 300 will and can be done over the air - one of the nice features of a 2.5G network...
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
    For what it's worth, a tier-two PCS tech told me a couple days ago that two-way SMS isn't coming until January.
    Just the shear confusion on when, tells me that the money spent on Treo300SMS was a good investment. Even when Sprint SMS is available you can bet there will be enough issues to keep this board hopping for sometime. Frankly, I do not see the motivation for Sprint to spend the money to do anything about it. They have great plans, NOW. There is a low cost functional alternative and Sprint never promised true SMS on the Treo 300 anyway. Becareful what you ask for...
    MRL-MO
    still no luck with sms.
    with TreoSMS I can send fine.
    with or without TreoSMS when I receive the message it says "New Short Mail.Select "Go" to read it. http://smwl.uc.sprintpcs.com/sml/wap.do
    Originally posted by imageone
    still no luck with sms.
    with TreoSMS I can send fine.
    with or without TreoSMS when I receive the message it says "New Short Mail.Select "Go" to read it. http://smwl.uc.sprintpcs.com/sml/wap.do
    Are you running v0.4 of Treo300SMS? If not, you need to upgrade.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast