Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Originally posted by treo_fanatic

Are you running v0.4 of Treo300SMS? If not, you need to upgrade.
    yes i'm running v0.4 but again this happens
    with or without TreoSMS when I receive the message it says "New Short Mail.Select "Go" to read it. http://smwl.uc.sprintpcs.com/sml/wap.do
    Originally posted by imageone

yes i'm running v0.4 but again this happens
    with or without TreoSMS when I receive the message it says "New Short Mail.Select "Go" to read it. http://smwl.uc.sprintpcs.com/sml/wap.do
    If you do have v0.4 then, it might be that Treo300SMS is not enabled (launch the Treo300SMS app. and make sure that the enabled checkbox is checked), and if not enable it and press the apply button.

You may want to write to PDA Apps support (support@pdaapps.com) to get this resolved. They are usually very quick to respond.
    This is the same situation I was in for a while. It has nothing to do with TreoSMS, v0.4, or whatever version -- it happens with or without TreoSMS installed/enabled. I'm still having problems with receiving SMS messages, but I haven't got the link to an invalid web address for a while. I was told that a "patch" would be installed last Friday that would take care of it ...... tech told me to give it until Mon/Tues, then call again if not working.
    Originally posted by miradu
    Actually software updates for the Treo 300 will and can be done over the air - one of the nice features of a 2.5G network...
    I realize that it can be done over the air, but so far Sprint is still sending people to the stores for software updates.

I still don't see Sprint offering SMS for the Treo for some time, as no one in their tech support dept have heard of any plans to do so.

Good luck men!
    to the thread-starter - where's the new stuff?
    heh heh - I knew there would be nothing.
    ?
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Jumpyman,

I haev the same problem. I called up tech today. Unfortunately they were in the middle of a migration so sms was not working. He (tech guy) could not even send my phone a message from http://messaging.sprintpcs.com

If he was able to, he said he would haev been able to follow my message to see where it is getting "hung up" and he can figure out from there. Unfortunately, I have to call back when sms is working. It's a shame, because this guy seemed to know his stuff and probably could have helped.

I guess we gotta keep trying.
    Good luck.

Glenn
    I have also purchased the pdaapps program and can finally send a sms out but I still can not receive anything. So add me to the count list of those who can send but not receive. there has to be a fix for this.
  9.    #29  
    well almost two weeks later after being told sprint would have true 2way SMS & handling of email attachments... still no change. I called a tier one support (who denied at first their was even different tier levels of support) & she said she knew nothing about a fix for sms or email attachments. these morons don't know ****! I have better odds at playing the state lottery than getting consistent, reliable info from sprint!
    After submitting a complaint ticket with Sprint Tier 2 support regarding the fact that I did was not receiving SMS messages (3 days ago), I am finally able to receive SMS messages. Too bad my free trial with pdaapps.com ran out. Now, I am just wondering when they will enable us to send.

at least there is hope!
    Why don't you purchase treosms? I have had this program since it came out and I will tell you there is no easier way to send sms messages. Even if sprint comes out with this feature do you really think that it will work? Do yourself a favor and get treosms.
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Yeah, mine finally is able to receive SMS, too. 3 trouble tickets later and 6-7 hours on the phone, though. Nonetheless, I am happy.
    Originally posted by junoweenie
    After submitting a complaint ticket with Sprint Tier 2 support regarding the fact that I did was not receiving SMS messages (3 days ago), I am finally able to receive SMS messages. Too bad my free trial with pdaapps.com ran out. Now, I am just wondering when they will enable us to send.

at least there is hope!
    Write to PDAapps, and they may give you some extra trial days. Like its not your fault that you were unable to try this correctly.

Spiderman
    Has anyone had luck sending SMS messages to other carriers than sprint? I've only tried with my girlfriends phone which is on Cell One. She can't get spring in BFE West Texas. (Working on getting her to move haha) When I send her a text message she never gets it. Any ideas? Next I'll try sending them to my friends... oops, Shoulda tried that before the demo ran out. haha.
    I send all the time to other carriers, with no issues. I am using Treo300SMS as well - great app. I'm in Dallas.
    I don't know who did it (sprint or pdaapps) but my treo is now receiving sms as well as sending them. Thank you to who ever fixed this problem. Customer service at PDAapps was very helpful. I really recommend downloading that software.
    anyne acually get a refund?
    So what's the status on SMS on the Treo 300? Same old same old?
    Treo 650
    Treo 600
    Treo 300
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12