Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    In a previous thread users have shared ideas on what they'd like to see in the next Treo.

This is your chance to vote on what you feel is the single most important feature...

Please click the following link to be taken directly to the poll...

http://home.attbi.com/~derek-kelly

Hopefully, this will be considered useful information to Handspring as they design the next Treo.

Thanks!
    derek985

P.S. This poll is hosted on my home page since the treocentral forums only hold 10 options and there are many more in this poll.
  2.    #2  
    Here is the current list of features for which it is possible to vote on.

Please not that if you would like to vote for an option NOT on this list, you may do so by using the "other" option and entering in your new feature when you take the poll.

Best,
    derek985

1. Bluetooth support
    2. Expansion slot support
    3. Additional built-in memory
    4. Upgradeable memory
    5. Faster CPU
    6. Redesign screen for better viewing in direct sunlight
    7. Replaceable battery support
    8. Longer battery life
    9. VPN support
    10. Tri-mode network support
    11. Lower pricing
    12. Improve sound volume and quality
    13. Reduce the antenna size
    14. High resolution screen support
    15. Redesign a lower profile hinge
    16. Metal case instead of plastic
    17. Voice recognition
    18. Voice memo capability
    19. Replaceable plastic window
    20. USB 2.0 Support
    21. Palm OS 4/5 support
    22. MP3 support
    23. Better native ringtone support
    24. Native “send” SMS support
    25. GPS locator capability
    26. Native media player support
    27. Wireless modem support
    28. Better jog-dial integration
    29. Direct technical support from Handspring
    30. Make the unit lighter
    31. Make the unit smaller
    32. Make the unit slimmer
    Cool ! I submitted my vote.
    TreoBuddy
    TreoFrance , la première communauté francophone entièrement dédiée au Treo
    too many choices to pick just one!
  5.    #5  
    Originally posted by aarons12
    too many choices to pick just one!
    This way, we can be sure people really do pick what's critical instead of what's nice.

Maybe at a later date we can run a poll that excludes the top 10 answers from this poll and find out what secondary feature people like or something.
  6.    #6  
    Well, I'll either be sued or thanked by Handspring. According to my web site statistics the poll has attracted visitors coming from Handspring' s domain about a half dozen times.
    It's hard to tell from the logs however if the hits are coming from more than 1 user since I'm guessing that they are NAT'ed.
    Regardless, KEEP VOTING! Someone is watching!

D.
  7.    #7  
    From the poll logs, the Handspring visitor(s) did not vote.

I guess that makes sense though because if they...

A. Decide to sue me they wouldn't want thier domain caught in the poll stats.
    B. Don't want to skew the results.

I'm joking about being sued. I highly doubt it, I think.

D.
    Suggestion: Either make it so you can select more than one item, or let us vote more than once. There are many on the list I would like to see added.
    "I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer."
  9.    #9  
    Originally posted by csherman
    Suggestion: Either make it so you can select more than one item, or let us vote more than once. There are many on the list I would like to see added.
    Many feel that it's important to focus in on the most important things first.

So, while multiple votes may drum up more interest, it would be somewhat less useful in terms of realistic development expectations.

Perhaps when this round is over, we can reset the counters, add the "other" categories and provide voting for multiple features.

Best,
    D.
    I am surprised that replaceable battery is not in the top 2. This and expansion slot IMHO are must haves that I would upgrade the Treo for tomorrow. Battery first given the weak signal/search battery drain issue and auto hard reset if you do not charge in time becasue treo is also a PDA problem..........
    ETUTREO300
    Originally posted by derek985
    Here is the current list of features for which it is possible to vote on.

Please not that if you would like to vote for an option NOT on this list, you may do so by using the "other" option and entering in your new feature when you take the poll.

Best,
    derek985

1. Bluetooth support
    2. Expansion slot support
    3. Additional built-in memory
    4. Upgradeable memory
    5. Faster CPU
    6. Redesign screen for better viewing in direct sunlight
    7. Replaceable battery support
    8. Longer battery life
    9. VPN support
    10. Tri-mode network support
    11. Lower pricing
    12. Improve sound volume and quality
    13. Reduce the antenna size
    14. High resolution screen support
    15. Redesign a lower profile hinge
    16. Metal case instead of plastic
    17. Voice recognition
    18. Voice memo capability
    19. Replaceable plastic window
    20. USB 2.0 Support
    21. Palm OS 4/5 support
    22. MP3 support
    23. Better native ringtone support
    24. Native “send” SMS support
    25. GPS locator capability
    26. Native media player support
    27. Wireless modem support
    28. Better jog-dial integration
    29. Direct technical support from Handspring
    30. Make the unit lighter
    31. Make the unit smaller
    32. Make the unit slimmer
    OK, just realized there is one more feature I would love: a better phone app:
    - Bigger buttons for finger dialing
    - Better speed dial management
    - Easier navigation between speedial, regular dial, call log
    - Bigger buttons for "hang up" and "speakerphone" during a call
    -Cooler UI - let's face. The thing is durn ugly.
    Thank you for setting up and hosting this survey. I was quite surprised by the results and I think I have been ecucated as a result. My suggestion would be to give users their top 3 choices in a future survey as this would provide more data about what other items they are concerned with.

The main reason I posted this letter is to give your survey a higher position on the list so that we can all get some more data.

regards,

rv
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    Great way to streamlined the NEXT TREO requirements with the POLL.

Handspring should use this as "quality" input during their product design meetings.
    The inclusion of the "high percentile" items + better pricing would make go for an upgrade and I believe it would also attract new TREO customers.
  14.    #14  
    It's interesting that expansion card support is on top, especially since people only get one vote so the HAVE to vote on thier absolute most important feature.

FWIW, I used my only vote for bluetooth.

Keep voting!
    D.
    I am amazed that Battery life, tri mode, OS 5, higher speed cpu scored so poorly.

Does someone know whether os 5 will increase speed by allowing more than two channels of data to be received at the same time? Also whether multitasking will work with OS 5?
    The poll has design problems. Several items ... memory, esp ar really equivalent to the "slot" issue. This makes voting hard.
  17.    #17  
    Originally posted by Stevesm
    The poll has design problems. Several items ... memory, esp ar really equivalent to the "slot" issue. This makes voting hard.
    Steve, if you think it can be done better than I'd certainly encourage you to do so.

I look forward to your perfectly designed poll.

Derek.
    No offense meant. Also, it is interesting that the top feat5ure requested is the device slot ... this is so despite the fact that you list meory, blue tooth, etc as seperate and exclusive categories.

If anything, my coomment relates to how the poll might be interpretted.
  19.    #19  
    Originally posted by Stevesm
    No offense meant. Also, it is interesting that the top feat5ure requested is the device slot ... this is so despite the fact that you list meory, blue tooth, etc as seperate and exclusive categories.

If anything, my coomment relates to how the poll might be interpretted.
    No offense taken. The reason the poll has those features listed as separate items is because it's reasonable to think that knowing exactly what people want is important.

I'm sure the folks who want a generic expansion slot but want it to me multi-functional will vote for that and the ones who want expandable memory will vote for that.

The point is, we can't draw conclusions about what a generic feature might be compatible with therefore you have to draw people's needs out.

Example:

I want bluetooth support. Bluetooth does not *have* to be run from an expansion slot, in fact, I'd rather not have the extra bulk of the module. Therefore, I just vote for bluetooth.

Besides, if I did want it to be run from an expansion slot, how would I be able to categorize that need? Just because you vote for an expansion slot doesn't mean that bluetooth will necessarilly be an available card for it. So am I supposed to offer an expansion slot bluetooth option as well?

Doing so would increase the number of voteable options too much.

The bottom line is this. If you want a feature on the treo, just vote for it and let Handspring decide what makes the most sense to them about how to offer it.

Not that Handspring cares all that much but hey, it could happen.

D.
    I am SUREHanspring has focus groups working on this stuff.

FWIW, I voted for the expansion slot because it would be the one thing wioth the most effect ...even though I am lkkley to use the slot only form RAM, next choice would be battery bit I don't think they put that on the SD card.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast