1.    #1  
    How do you feel about the Treo 300 being $249
    How much did you pay for your Tro $270?

I paid more than twice as much.

Ideawizard
    If Sprint and Amazon want to offer rebates isn't that up to them? Who wouldn't want to get a Treo for less, but since Handspring is selling it for the same price then there's not much to complain about.

On the other hand, I am disappointed in Cingular for not being a little faster to market with GPRS.

The longer you wait to buy something, the cheaper it's going to be. Especially when it comes to tech toys.

Chuck Bartlett
    Consider yourself lucky. I paid 550 for my Treo = approx USD$825.
    Loccy? 550- how did you manage that? I paid 250 - $390( with a basic O2 contract which I needed anyway as old one had run a year) little more than the cost of a medium handspring/palm.Sony pda without a phone fucntion
    Off of Handspring's web site. No contract, hardware only, no subsidy.

They have since reduced the price by 50. (And to add insult to injury, they shouted this fact to all previous customers!)
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    I bought my Treo 270 on Ebay, and it only cost $375 with shipping! It was a great bargain. The reason the GSM Treo's are expensive (180, 180g, 270) is that GSM carriers in the US won't subsidize them. They won't I beleive, because it's kind of hard to actually lock a Treo to a particular network. I think the unit is worth $500, but I am glad I got it for $375.
    I've already had my Treo 270 for a while -- and love it! -- so I don't care what they're selling for now.

What really ticks me off is that I can't get a decent data plan out of Voicestream like the new Sprint unlimited data plan. With Voicestream pricing, GPRS isn't really viable.
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    I love my Treo 270. I paid $823.00 (including tax and 2 year replacement warranty) at Fry's Electronics in Burbank, California. I have had it for almost 3 months now and I think it is worth every single penny. When the price comes down, I will pick up an extra one just in case I misplace it.

Kirby
    The Treo 300 is a much better phone, in terms of the speed, bugs, etc.

The Treo 300 does not have the bug where the handset will hangup calls, and also the slow speed of the phone application.

The only thing that is better for the Treo 270 is the better customer service with T-Mobile(where I'm at in Hawaii). I heard horror stories of Sprint customer service.

Check out the Treo 300 forum.

Stan
    <placeyouremail@here.com>....Relaying denied.
    IP name lookup failed [10.196.223.228]
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    The 300 may be a better phone for you, but I needed a global dual band phone which the 300 is not. The 270 is a hair lighter and smaller and I believe the 270 can send and receive SMS while the 300 can only receive. It is also compatible with my computer (PC) and my wifes (Mac). The 300 is not compatible with mac. I guess I am lucky, I have not had any problems with any bugs or other nuisances........yet.

Kirby
    The Treo 300 can send and receive SMS messages. They have a program that is out for that particular platform. It's even good enough where you don't have to know the mobile carrier to send an SMS too.

For example, if your friends number is a Verizon cell phone number, you only have to type in his 7 digit number and the area code before it(total 10 digit number) and send the SMS.

The Sprint Vision plan is UNLIMITED, whereas the GPRS with T-Mobile is a pay-as-you-go plan(sort of).

That is a major drawback.

Not to knock on the macs, I don't know anyone personally who owns one of those platforms. 90% of the world uses the PC based platforms.

Stan
    The Treo 300 is NOW compatible with Macs. I will be converting to mac at the beginning of the year. Better software (especially Unix), better hardware, and for the PC apps I need, all I do is run virtual PC.
    The only thing that is saving the Macs is the better hardware(they always had the best hardware) and the robust software.

Windows loves to crash, which is a major downfall for the PC platform. The reason why 90% of the world uses the PC is because it is the most widespread, and Bill Gates offered the software to us for a very cheap price(and the hardware was upgradeable at home) and for numerous other factors that I shouldn't go on in this forum.

Sorry for the off-topic, got carried away.

Stan