1.    #1  
    Hi all,

I'm now a proud/happy owner of a Treo 300, and have been playing with it quite a bit.

Main feature I'm trying to get is a way to sync with my 2 email clients, one a POP3 (home) acct, and the other a work acct. that goes through exchange.

Here is my wish list:
    * ability to stay sync'd with exchange when my computer is off
    * sync deleted messages
    * option to delete off server or just off pda
    * visibility in to my folders (I have outlook rules that process some emails)

does any such solution exist? My 1st take seems to be Sprint's own email client, but I dont' know if even businessconnection will solve all of this.

thx,
    Bill
    CHECK OUT BASJET WWW.BASEJET.COM

DOES EVERYTHING BUT FOLDERS

I THINK FOLDERS WILL BE ADDRESSED IN FUTURE RELEASES.
    don & mike
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for your reply - I have basejet, but how does it sync if my computer is off? Is there something I'm missing?

thanks!
    bill
    SORRY MISSED THAT PART - YOU MUST HAVE THE PC ON.
    don & mike
    If you have access to your Exchange server (that computer, by default, has to stay on) install Basejet on it. Or on another computer that stays on, like a print server, file server?
    I believe basejet requires the machine with outlook running to be on at all times. Same for treomail corp edition.

Basejet is still VERY buggy. I don't know if there are any options that will run without Outlook running since it seems that they all require an application that stays running (in the system tray) and use the Outlook inbox getting the mail as the cue to send the new mail message to the device.
  7.    #7  
    Yeah - that seems to be the big holdup. Apparently Sprint's Business Connection software works on the server side, but no one there can tell me. It requires a Sprint Rep onsite - seems "pricey" to me. I'll probably just stay with the Business Connection stuff, get a desktop computer that stays on all the time and take my laptop when I need to.

Thanks for all the help - there is NOT one good universal email client out there for the Treo yet...
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    and it works well with MS Exchange. It needs pop3 active on the Exchange server, but that is enabled by default. When you delete messages, they are removed from Exchange, which is useful for me. Only thing it doesn't dois sync folders. Also, if you haven't used your Treo in a few days the message list won't be synced. The way around that is to clear all message headers and reset the downloaded header list. This downlads everything again and your Treo is up to date! I have every email app mae for Palm (just about) and this One-Touch is one of the best.
    I think Visto has an enterprise solution that runs its own server that communicates w/exchange. There is also a client from seven (http://www.seven.com/) that runs the same way most others do, with a little app that talks to your outlook. But, it supports a neat feature that lets you add "buddies" or something like that...basically someone else at your company also runs the little app, and if your computer is off it will try to communicate to the exchange server through your friend's computer.