1.    #1  
    I'm a bit shocked that Handspring hasn't plastered all over their web site (in big bold letters and colorful graphics) info about the new Sprint all-you-can-eat data plan. Don't they want to sell these things?

One has to wonder if Sprint's announcement didn't catch Handspring off guard. Handspring held their gloomy financial conference call the day before. I'd imagine that if they knew that Sprint would be announcing the new plan prices the following day, they would have held their conference call off by a day.

Now, three days later, they still haven't made mention of it on their web site (not even a link to the press release). I know they cut a lot of jobs recently. I wonder if their web developers were among the job cuts.

Scott
    the banner for the treo 300 in this board says that it now comes with unlimited data so someone has gotten the message.
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by Brooose
    the banner for the treo 300 in this board says that it now comes with unlimited data so someone has gotten the message.
    I believe that banner was created by the owners of this site. It links to Amazon, not Sprint or Handspring.

Scott
    I think the reason you haven't seen more explicit ads from HS touting the new Sprint data plans is that they also have to keep T-Mobile and Cingular happy as well. It's not like they're Nokia and have the power, yet, to really do a lot of co-op marketing with one carrier, at the riskof getting another carrier angry. They're still having to walk on egg-shells, to a certain extent.
  5.    #5  
    Just thought I'd update this thread. Handspring finally got around to updating their site (must have just been within the last day or two) so that they're now touting this on the top of their home page. About time. They should have been screaming this from the rooftops from day one.

As good a deal as this is, I do think that Handspring needs to lower the cost of the device. $449 (after rebate) is still too high to really get this thing into the hands of a large percentage of the population.

Scott
    $250 from Amazon....(of course, you have to be a new user or get a new number...) Call retention, see what they will offer you. I spoke to someone and received a service credit.

NCTreo300
  7.    #7  
    Originally posted by NCTreo300
    $250 from Amazon....(of course, you have to be a new user or get a new number...) Call retention, see what they will offer you. I spoke to someone and received a service credit.
    Oh yes, I know about that (and you know that I know since this came up in another thread that you and I are participating in). My point has more to do with the average consumer who goes to Best Buy or the Sprint store and sees it priced at $500 - $50 rebate. Unless it's priced more competitively at retail it won't sell in high volumes.

Scott