Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    We have just uploaded a new version of Treo300SMS to our website. This version fixes the problem introduced by Sprint's change in the format of short mail notifications.

Please go to:

http://www.pdaapps.com/TreoSmsApp/default.html

for downloading the latest version.

Enjoy!!
    PDAapps Team
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    Can I just installed the new version over the old one???
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by veroi
    Can I just installed the new version over the old one???
    Yes you can. You just need to disable the old version before installing the new one, and enabling it.

PDAapps
    I am no longer receiving both SMS messages or pushed email.. It happened with old and new versions....

Even when sent through Sprints site

I can SEND OUT SMS ok with the new version of the program.

Was wondering if you had any insight.

Mike
    How do you "disable" it ... looked in System prefs and TreoSMS prefs but can't find a "disable" feature...

please advise.

-Serp
    Originally posted by MikeRadio
    I am no longer receiving both SMS messages or pushed email.. It happened with old and new versions....

Even when sent through Sprints site

I can SEND OUT SMS ok with the new version of the program.

Was wondering if you had any insight.

Mike
    You should write to support@pdaapps.com. There may be something wrong with your account.

Spiderman
    Originally posted by Serpico
    How do you "disable" it ... looked in System prefs and TreoSMS prefs but can't find a "disable" feature...

please advise.

-Serp
    Launch the Treo300SMS application and then uncheck the "Enabled" checkbox, and hit the apply button. That should disable the software:-)

Spiderman
    I'm a smack -- I was launching SMS, not Treo300SMS... thanks spidey!
    for some reason I stoped getting headers on incoming SMS messages, it used to give me the email / phone number@whatever.pcs.att.com... now all i get is no caller id even from people that i have been messaging ever since i downloaded TreoSMS300...... This started happening before i downloaded v0.4 and it is still happening after I installed the new version.....

anyone have any ideas?

on a semi-related note....... I have never got a message that had anyway to reply.... but I have read on this board that people have been able to.... can someone let me know how to reply to an incoming message.

Thanks.....

Brian
    Since upgrading to v.4... I can SMS other Sprint customers but SMSs to e-mail addresses and other carriers doesn't seem to work for me. Anyone else having this problem? suggestions?
    Send a message with your problem to support@pdaapps.com. They have been very helpful for me. I am not having the same problems are you. I am getting fatal resets when I reply directly from a message when it pops up. It happens about 50% of the time.
    I've had the same problem with the no caller-id as briguy33 but I have been e-mailing PDAapps over the last couple of days with no answer. Hopefully they'll check this thread.

It would be easier to just hit a reply button when the message pops up.
  13.    #13  
    Originally posted by PFSCHAMPION
    I've had the same problem with the no caller-id as briguy33 but I have been e-mailing PDAapps over the last couple of days with no answer. Hopefully they'll check this thread.

It would be easier to just hit a reply button when the message pops up.
    Sprint's text messaging gateway now strips out all email headers, which is why some of you are not seeing caller ID information with messages sent to your phone as email.

This has nothing to do with Treo300SMS. If you disable Treo300SMS and just use the vanilla (receive-only) Handspring SMS application, you will see the same issue.

Treo300SMS will only show a reply button if a message has caller ID info.

On the flip side, true SMS between Sprint and other carriers has gotten a lot faster with Sprint's recent changes. If you use true SMS, you should get Caller ID info, and a reply button in the initial popup that announces a new SMS.

PDAapps
    Thanks PDAapps that explains that. I did notice increased speed. the email to treo is also pretty quick
    I posted this question last week and I also sent an e-mail to support@pdaapps and I haven't gotten an answer so I wanted to ask again. Treo300sms works great except that when I send an sms to my wifes phone (samsung 8500 non-vision) she does not get the message. She only gets the message if I send an e-mail to #####@messaging.sprintpcs.com or if I send a message through sprint's website. Any ideas??

Thanks
    Anyone have any idea on how I can get a copy of this program w/o having to use Paypal? My Paypal account has been blocked for the past 19 months for some odd reason and I would like to purchase TREOSMS using another method.
    Thanks
  17.    #17  
    Originally posted by smartphone
    I posted this question last week and I also sent an e-mail to support@pdaapps and I haven't gotten an answer so I wanted to ask again. Treo300sms works great except that when I send an sms to my wifes phone (samsung 8500 non-vision) she does not get the message. She only gets the message if I send an e-mail to #####@messaging.sprintpcs.com or if I send a message through sprint's website. Any ideas??

Thanks
    For non-vision phones, SMS translates to shortmail. If you subscribe to Sprint's wireless web service you may get a "web alert" to tell you you have new shortmail. Then you need to login to your Sprint wireless web portal using your mini-browser to get the message and reply to it.

If your wife does not subscribe to wireless web, (or if you have turned web alerts off), you will not get web alerts.

PDAapps
    Folks -

Previously, TreoSMS worked well with messages sent to my email address at SPCS. Now, whenever someone sends me an email, I just get the usual "Check your mail message."

Anyone have advice or does the TreoSMS application only work with messages sent from the website or from other SMS applications???

L
    Lee Ladisky
    Originally posted by Leeladisky
    Folks -

Previously, TreoSMS worked well with messages sent to my email address at SPCS. Now, whenever someone sends me an email, I just get the usual "Check your mail message."

Anyone have advice or does the TreoSMS application only work with messages sent from the website or from other SMS applications???

L
    No offense intended, but seriously Lee you must be smoking pot. TreoSMS never did anything to @sprintpcs.com email (as far as I saw) and only pulled shortmail to your phone as text messages. What you are seeing is probably very normal.

Spiderman
    Yeah...You are probably right - I'm seriously thinking about it, and maybe crack is the answer. I just wish that Sprint would skip the shortmail BS and get to the industry standard SMS.

Okay - so the next question is there a way to "populate" my phone number into a URL so that when a user clicks on it, it autopopulates my phone number for ease of entry?

L
    Lee Ladisky
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast