Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Does anyone know what's up with the Nokia Free Speak. I ordered one from Jabra which connects you to mobile planet for the order, over a week ago. I was told I would have it last week. On Friday when it did not arrive I called MP and was told Jabra did not ship them. I called Jabra and they said they were shipping their order today to MD. I still don't have it. Called MD and they stated they still did not have their order and were expecting it by the 31st. After a call to Jabra they acted like they never told me they were shipping to MD on friday and confirmed the 31st.
    1. Is this a real product????
    2. Do either of these companies know what they are doing one day to the next?
    3. Is their an alternative product to the Free Speak available from a company that has a clue?
    4. Does anyone out there know a different way to go handsfree in the car?
    Thanks in advance for your help.
    This is a real product that appears to be going to have very high demand in the market place.
    It's brand new and is just beginning to ship to retailers/etailers. You might try with www.celphoneaccessories.com as they claim to be one of the first to aquire a quantity of these and are selling them at a better price of $149.
    I ordered one from them on friday and it shipped yesterday via fedex 3rd day included in the price of the headset. I should have it thursday and can report back as to my experience with it and the service that I got from this company. So far they have been very responsive to my inquiries but have also informed me that they are about to sell thru there first batch if they haven't already!

Greg
    I already have a bluetooth headset (SonyEricsson) and would like to just buy the adaptor to use it with the Treo. Does anyone know if Jabra sells the adaptor alone or anyone else that makes them. I know that SE used to have one (but it only plugged into the bottom of their phones with a proprietary connector.

Thanks.
    I talked with Jabra and they are not planning to sell the 2.5mm to bluetooth adapters separately, you have to buy the whole headset package. I wanted to have both the standard 2.5mm and the Nokia (i.e. Treo) compatible adapter. To do so I would have to buy to complete sets, which I am not willing to do.

If anyone out there finds a separate bluetooth to 2.5 mm adapter please post.
    Originally posted by garyt01
    1. Is this a real product????
    2. Do either of these companies know what they are doing one day to the next?
    3. Is their an alternative product to the Free Speak available from a company that has a clue?
    4. Does anyone out there know a different way to go handsfree in the car?
    Thanks in advance for your help.
    You have to be patient. I have 8 of them, all working great, but every order took 2.5 weeks after I ordered to ship. It is real!

To the other questions out there, only one other company has a 2.5mm Nokia base but they are in the UK and the cost to get it is the same cost of the entire Jabra set. Go fish!

G
    Please let me understand: there is a free speak that I can use with my Treo270 ??
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    It seems like everytime I write a post on this board I am *****ing about something. I just recieved after a long long wait my freespeak for nokia. It worked for one phone call and then died on me. When I called about the problem they said they were having battery problems and would replace the unit.

My replacement came with the same problem: one phone call and then it was dead. I am getting ready to leave my treo behind and go back to the pocket pc. NO ONE SEEMS TO MAKE ANYTHING FOR THE TREO THAT WORKS!!!!! Too much of my time has been wasted on poorly designed products for the treo.
    Originally posted by garyt01
    It seems like everytime I write a post on this board I am *****ing about something. I just recieved after a long long wait my freespeak for nokia. It worked for one phone call and then died on me. When I called about the problem they said they were having battery problems and would replace the unit.

My replacement came with the same problem: one phone call and then it was dead. I am getting ready to leave my treo behind and go back to the pocket pc. NO ONE SEEMS TO MAKE ANYTHING FOR THE TREO THAT WORKS!!!!! Too much of my time has been wasted on poorly designed products for the treo.
    Was the problem that the base died? If so, I have the fix. It isn't dead.
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Thanks for your help. The problem was known by both Jabra and Mobileplanet. The battery is no good. It doesn't hold a charge for more thab 5 minutes of talk. Mp told me to wait three to four weeks until they get a new lot in. They saw no point to replacing it again.
    So after almost 30 days of a lot of time, effort and "money" I've come to the conclusion that the FreeSpeak is an incredibly cool concept but is not quiet compatible or ready to be used with (as Jabra puts it "not fully compatible with all treo models") the treo.
    Is it a HS hardware issue, software issue or is it a Jabra issue?
    The version for the Nokia phone does not work with my Treo 270! . The party on the other end of the call gets terrible feedback of their own voice. Interestingly enough the version for non-Nokia phones works fine (for the most part) with a 3 conductor to 4 conductor adapter. The only hick up is in answering a call with the answer/end emulation feature enabled, it takes a few seconds for the Treo to answer the call in which case it goes from showing the caller info screen to the speed dial screen and than there is a click which both myself and the calling party hear (sounds as though the caller is going to be disconnected) and then the treo screen switches back to the incoming caller id info with call time, end call button etc...

Any ideas????

TIA

Greg
    Originally posted by millerhifi
    So after almost 30 days of a lot of time, effort and "money" I've come to the conclusion that the FreeSpeak is an incredibly cool concept but is not quiet compatible or ready to be used with (as Jabra puts it "not fully compatible with all treo models") the treo.
    Is it a HS hardware issue, software issue or is it a Jabra issue?
    The version for the Nokia phone does not work with my Treo 270! . The party on the other end of the call gets terrible feedback of their own voice. Interestingly enough the version for non-Nokia phones works fine (for the most part) with a 3 conductor to 4 conductor adapter. The only hick up is in answering a call with the answer/end emulation feature enabled, it takes a few seconds for the Treo to answer the call in which case it goes from showing the caller info screen to the speed dial screen and than there is a click which both myself and the calling party hear (sounds as though the caller is going to be disconnected) and then the treo screen switches back to the incoming caller id info with call time, end call button etc...

Any ideas????

TIA

Greg
    First, I had to try 5-10 pairing methods before I got a 1-2 sec pickup when a call came in.

I have nothad the feedback problem as you have described and I have a 270. My wife has a 300 and has no problem either. If the feedback is there, I would say it is a bad unit.

My 270 is running the GPRS 1.1 patch, just in case you haven't gone that route and perhaps that explains some things.
    Thanks for your reply,

I am also running the gprs 1.1 patch and had received 2 replacements from Jabra directly for a total of 3 units with the exact same behaviour (calling party's voice feeds back on them).
    Unless I have very bad luck, I can't imagine 3 sets shipped to me would be defective... but it's entirely possible!

Greg
    Originally posted by millerhifi
    Thanks for your reply,

I am also running the gprs 1.1 patch and had received 2 replacements from Jabra directly for a total of 3 units with the exact same behaviour (calling party's voice feeds back on them).
    Unless I have very bad luck, I can't imagine 3 sets shipped to me would be defective... but it's entirely possible!

Greg
    With the exception of 1 unit (a Treo 300) our company has 7 of them on 270's without any problems.

Jabra has made mention that a certain batch is defective (battery issue). Maybe the problem is with your Treo. Go back to a regular headset and see if the problem is there.
    It works fine with any other Nokia type headset! Including the crappy one supplied with the treo.
    Weird....
    try lowering the volume on the treo. i had the same echo problem i changed my freespeak volume settings to low. then when im on the phone most of the time it works fine every once in a while someone will complain about the echo at that time i lower the volume on the treo somtimes i have no bars on my treo volume and that seems to work.

fred
    I tried that as well and it didn't change the problem at all.
    same problem here - and the one touch answer hangs up on the caller. also - where does one find a 3 contact to 4 contact adapter?
    Here is one option:
    http://www.cellularaccessory.com/hanaudad25ja11.html
    But any independant specialty cellphone/accessory shop should have them or be able to get one for you.
    It's not a common acc. that you would find in a Best Buy or Sprint store for example.
    Thanks for the heads up on the adapter. Have you gotten rid of the echo on the other side - no matter what I do it will not go away. Also - seems my one touch hangs up on people instead of answering - any thoughts?

Thanks
    I just returned mine!
    No way to get rid of the calling party feddback issue!
    Are you using the nokia version or non-nokia ver?
    I'm still using a non-nokia ver w/adapter and seems to work fine!
    I also thought it was going to hang up the caller, let it finish answering and see if it actually answers or does hang up..
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast