Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Well, your not running the gprs upgrade and I am and we are both on Cingular with the same problem! Obviously it isn't a standard problem with all 270's because as we have both read on this forum others with the 270 have had great success!
    I'm working with Jabra to resolve it and no, as per my lengthy conversation with the engineer at Jabra, I'm not the only one experiencing this behavior. The overall response that I have been getting from Melanie at Jabra's customer service is that there have been several reports of incompatibility issues specifically with the 270's and hardly any with the 300's.
    Contacting HS support in regards to this issue got me absolutely nowhere except pissed off (their clueless) and the folks at Jabra are truly helpful and very professional and willing to help resolve the issue as best as they can from their end.

I'll keep you posted!

Greg
    I was hoping the GPRS patch would fix it. You're running with the patch, and you still have the problem, so much for that idea.

I'll try the Jabra on another Treo, and if it works fine on another Treo, I'll look for differences between the two. If Handspring can't offer any advice on fixing the problem, they'll just replace the Treo, which they are good about doing on a moments notice for $25. This is of value to me, especially if the device arrives with the GPRS sofware alread installed.

I'll let you know what happens.

HRB
    Did you guys ever think there might be a problem with the Cingular network? Maybe it's sending a signal that confuses the freespeak? For the people where it works, maybe they're on a different network.

Just a thought...
    Jim
    I just bought a FreeSpeak for my Treo 270 for $119.95 from BluetoothDirect <http://www.bluetoothdirect.com/product/JABRANOKIAWWW>. Unfortunately I'm experiencing the problem where after a call is in session the feedback from entering additional digits from the Treo keypad (like when inputting a voicemail password) screws everything up.

So, it goes back to BluetoothDirect. I can't recommend anyone buying the FreeSpeak for use with a Treo 270. Bummer, as it promised to be a very cool device, and it's build quality was excellent.
    Originally posted by lasersailor
    I just bought a FreeSpeak for my Treo 270 for $119.95 from BluetoothDirect <http://www.bluetoothdirect.com/product/JABRANOKIAWWW>. Unfortunately I'm experiencing the problem where after a call is in session the feedback from entering additional digits from the Treo keypad (like when inputting a voicemail password) screws everything up.

So, it goes back to BluetoothDirect. I can't recommend anyone buying the FreeSpeak for use with a Treo 270. Bummer, as it promised to be a very cool device, and it's build quality was excellent.
    Believe it or not, if you get the freespeak for standard 2.5 mm phones (not the Nokia version) and you add the adapter for nokia phones, it works great!
    One of these adapters:
    http://www.seidioonline.com/store/vi...idcategory=277
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    I'm having similar problems with the Answer/End Emulation setting, it hangs up when I answer phone calls about 50% of the time. THe audio quality also sucks badly. Even with the volume down, I get the echo, and there's always this crackling. I'm using a Treo300. I think it may be too late to send it back now.
    Are you using the right Freespeak? The one for Nokia phones?
    Try re-pairing the headset with the adapter to see if the crackling noise is reduced or eliminated. Where are you using the headset when you experience the crackling noise? Other devices that maybe near by and using a freqencies within the same range as the freespeak maybe interfering.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    I am using the Freespeak for nokia phones with the 2.5mm adapter.

I get the crackling in my car, or at home, doesn't really matter. The noise doesn't seem to increase or decrease the closer/further I am to my WiFi transmitter, either, so even though they are both in the same band, they don't seem to cause audible interference.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123