1.    #1  
    Sprint has changed the format of their short mail notification, which has resulted in our software being unable to retrieve it automatically.

We are currently working on this problem and a new version should be available soon.

You should still be able to receive messages sent to you using phoneno@messaging.sprintpcs.com though.
    Just my luck, I paid for the license last night...
    I'm confused, I thought that TreoSMS300 merely added send capabilities.. What does it do for receive that the native app does not?
    Well, if somebody sends you SMS, then sprint just puts it as a short mail on its portal and sends you an SMS that you received that short mail and you can retrieve it. Treo300SMS actually retrieves it automatically from that portal and you don't have to log on to it anymore. Very nice feature!!
    Ah, gotcha. I installed Treo300SMS right off the bat and did not try it "natively".

Awaiting the new version.
    fyi ... In my conversation with a tier-2 "Vision" support rep @ Sprint this a.m., he claims Sprint will be coming out with their own, full-blown, 2-way SMS app for the Treo "shortly". He wouldn't elaborate on what "shortly" meant, but I did get the impression that he was knowledgeable and was being honest.
    I don't doubt that the Sprint tech was being forthright in what he's been told, but I know people in the PCS marketing group in Sprint who have SPECIFIC product responsibility for SMS and the like, and they've been telling me about 6 months that they're 'about' to roll out SMS. I have yet to see it. They have also been very quiet recently about their plans, so it's either close or still a long way off.
    A new version of the software is available at http://treo.pdaapps.com, which fixes this problem.

Got to say, they (PDAapps) responded pretty quickly.
    Fixed? In a matter of minutes? Wow ... amazing.

Now ... when will we get icons and other neat bells and whistles to send with SMS like some of the SMS programs?

Greedy ... I know.
    I've posted this a few times already in these threads, but I haven't seen a direct response, so...

Personally I will not pay for a service unless information about redundancy, uptime, longevity, etc. is made available.

The way I understand it, this software uses yet another proxy/gateway that is run by PDAapps.

What is the uptime guarantee? Is it set up so that changes that are made server side don't require downloading new client software? (I'm guessing no on this one since they released a new version to fix this problem).

What happens if for whatever reason, PDAApps goes out of business or decides to bring down the server?
    another happy treo <b>600</b> user.
    Originally posted by alex_t_king
    I've posted this a few times already in these threads, but I haven't seen a direct response, so...

Personally I will not pay for a service unless information about redundancy, uptime, longevity, etc. is made available.

The way I understand it, this software uses yet another proxy/gateway that is run by PDAapps.

What is the uptime guarantee? Is it set up so that changes that are made server side don't require downloading new client software? (I'm guessing no on this one since they released a new version to fix this problem).

What happens if for whatever reason, PDAApps goes out of business or decides to bring down the server?

PDApps is to be applauded for their dev. work in showing that it can be done but, for me, TreoSMS is just not worth the time & effort. In ~2 weeks time there have been 6 releases of this software. That's 6 de-activations/downloads/re-activations -- not to mention the day-to-day mystery of whether the SW will even work beacuse of what Sprint's network status might be.