Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    Like Handspring for sure is working on upgrades to their TREO 180/270/300, we must remember that will be their only source of revenue, we should maybe post some of the improvements that the current TREO users would like to see. For example:

1.- Improve sound volume for incoming calls and speaker phone.
    2.- SD Expansion slot.
    3.- Minimize the antenna size.
    4.- Modify screen type so it can readable in direct sunlight.

What are your toughts on other modifications
    One almost certain improvement is going to be a replaceable battery.
    In addition to the above (not in any particular order)...

1. Voice recognition
    2. Voice memo capability
    3. A replacable plastic window
    4. MP3 capability
    5. Easier ringtone support.
    6. Better SMS support (send and recieve)
    7. Trimode support
    8. GPS locator capability
    9. Better battery life
    10. Built-in media player
    11. Wireless modem capability
    12. Better jogdial integration

Perhaps when we have some more responses, we should plug all of them into a poll, find out what's most important to us, and perhaps even send it off to Handspring.

Best,
    D.
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    As I hope that Handspring is watching this forum we should categorize our comments as follows:

ESSENTIAL IMPROVEMENTS

NICE TO HAVE IMPROVEMENTS

as I do not believe that a lot things can be included , for example an MP3 player will be " nice to have". At least like this Handspring can see what real life users NEED.

One the things that we can mention is things in regards to sales/support,etc.

For example:

a) I consider that Handspring shall also support the TREO 300 and not defer it to Sprint only.
    b) Maybe have a Low End model ( $300 ) and High End Model ($ 400 ).

I am using these numbers based on what is going on in the Pocket PC world were pricing is coming down to earth. For example the new Viewsonic Pocket PC ( 300 Mhz, 16 bit color screen, Expansion Port, etc ) is priced at $299 and Dell is coming out at $199 and $299 models.In addition the upcoming MS based phones coming SPH 600, I700 and Canary will put a lot of pressure in the market , Handspring should realize that they cannot look at their customers to pay $499 for something that is not meeting the competition offerings.
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    GPS location capabilities for sure will come out in the next TREO as SPRINT has this option supplied via QUALCOMM>
    Global Posts
    313 Global Posts
    Maybe just a better sound system that would allow mp3 capability, a connection for a gps device that would be sold separately, etc.. Everything doesn't have to be in the box when bought. However, more memory and a way to easily change the battery is a must.
    Henry L lazarus hlazar@netaxs.com
    www.netaxs.com/~hlazar/
    www.netaxs.com/~hlazar/god.html
    Originally posted by derek985
    In addition to the above (not in any particular order)...

1. Voice recognition
    2. Voice memo capability
    3. A replacable plastic window
    4. MP3 capability
    5. Easier ringtone support.
    6. Better SMS support (send and recieve)
    7. Trimode support
    8. GPS locator capability
    9. Better battery life
    10. Built-in media player
    11. Wireless modem capability
    12. Better jogdial integration

Perhaps when we have some more responses, we should plug all of them into a poll, find out what's most important to us, and perhaps even send it off to Handspring.

Best,
    D.
    sounds like a Kyocera 7135!
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    Remember the form factor/weight. That is one of the main advantages of having the TREO. I was able to handle a Kyocera 7135 from a friend who was evaluating it. I can tell you the thing is heavy and very noticeable. If I compare this to the T Mobile Sidekick I can tell you the T-Mobile unit even tough larger is lighter. I also can tell you can only handle 128k MP3's therefore you better buy you 256MB SD Card
    That reminds me...

I also want it lighter and slimmer but NOT smaller.

And yes, I know what I ask is impossible, but I like the approach where we name everything we want and then vote on what's most important to us.

So that's what I'm doing.

Best,
    D.
    The only things I need to make this the perfect phone/PDS
    Real Jog wheel with BACK BUTTON
    320x320 with 64K really
    SD Card SLot

Jim
    Thanks,
    intysf@cs.com
    TreoCentral.com
    Product Page Editor
    My laundry list:

1. Take advantage of new PalmOS features (VPN, etc).
    2. Slot for more memory ( I like compactflash but may not be optimal form factor )
    3. Higher resolution screen
    4. Replaceable battery
    5. Faster CPU
    6. Adapter for Springboards
    7. More built-in memory
    8. Bluetooth / WiFi
    9. USB 2.0
    10. More scratch-resistant front window
    Just trying to keep this thread at the top of the board. Someone must have some additional suggestions...

D.
    I'd like to see some sort of integrated non-lethal weaponry, like a taser or a giant hammer that comes out and whacks people.
    Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball...
    I have a dream....

When it is in my front pocket, I'd like harder and longer vibration. This way, late at night, ....

Oh, forget it.
    "I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer."
    Bluetooth and / or WiFi would rock. So would an expansion port. But even if you were to leave the thing alone (tech wise) I wish it had been a steel case. My unit is what, 2 months old? And it has scratches all over it - paint / coloring wearing off from use. If it was metal, brushed aluminum or something, it would be alot more durable.

Dunc
    Agree with everyone's suggestions. Just want to add one, admittedly idiosyncratic one:

Redsign the hinge for the flip. It bulks up the phone unnecessarily and is a blight on an otherwise attractive design.
    Originally posted by Dunc
    Bluetooth and / or WiFi would rock. So would an expansion port. But even if you were to leave the thing alone (tech wise) I wish it had been a steel case. My unit is what, 2 months old? And it has scratches all over it - paint / coloring wearing off from use. If it was metal, brushed aluminum or something, it would be alot more durable.

Dunc
    ...and probably heavier, but the durability would hopefully outweight this.